Wiper blades/refills/ Electronic fuel pump.

Scoopy G

Reaction score
Howdy fellas and fell-ettes.

After a great vacation in Rome and London, I'm back in Tampa. I did replace the mechanical fuel pump with an electric unit I had left over from one of the foreign cars, and it works just fine for the mighty '65 New Yorker. No issues, plenty of power, no leaks, just right. I was going use the Carter 4070 someone recommended, but that unit was too large to locate near the gas tank. THEN, I just decided to locate the smaller unit in the engine compartment, and it was an easy install, it pulls fuel just fine, AND, the knocking sound created by the fuel pump pushrod is now gone.

Wipers: AutoZone could not sell me replacement "refills", nor new blades to fit the NYer. And, I'm embarrassed to say I could not get the rubber blades out of the nice chrome ANCO units the car came with when I bought it. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Rich back in Tampa

113_0937.JPG

113_1033.JPG

113_0908.JPG

Nice pics. You should have put that Fiat in your carry on and taken it home. Doesn't the NY and 300 use the same wipers? I found some Anco black wipers on Ebay for the 1965 300. They also have the chrome wipers without the blades. I thought the blades come out by pushing in the small indents on both sides of the blades?

Nice pics. You should have put that Fiat in your carry on and taken it home. Doesn't the NY and 300 use the same wipers? I found some Anco black wipers on Ebay for the 1965 300. They also have the chrome wipers without the blades. I thought the blades come out by pushing in the small indents on both sides of the blades?
Ancos have one attachment method, Tricos have another.

Check the FSM for details. www.mymopar.com for free download.

Back