Wiring a headlight relay

Electrical & Ignition

1. Biggredd2069

Biggredd2069 Active Member

Aren't those just the holes for mounting the relays?

If they are thats funny. No instructions so I was assuming it was just a heavy duty connection point. I'm gonna get a pic today of the full thing laid out better.

2. 67Monaco

67Monaco Old Man with a Hat

Oh. I was going by the diagram and saw the single fused power feed.

3. dart4forte

dart4forte Active Member

Plug N Play is the way to go. Crackedback sells a real sanitary setup based on your car in two and four headlights. He’s over on the FABO.

4. BLUPORT

BLUPORT Carpe Diem Cras FCBO Gold Member

5. tbm3fan

tbm3fan Senior Member

My relays are installed in front of the radiator support. My harness is self made. No existing wires, of the car, were cut. The trigger for the relays comes from an 18ga wire with a male spade for the original headlight socket ( I replaced mine with better sockets), and then female spade for #86 on the relay. I can remove the new sockets, plug the original sockets back in and I am ready to go back in OEM condition if I want.

6. Biggredd2069

Biggredd2069 Active Member

ok. I got it figured out. There were no instructions in the box. It was plug and play. What confused me is you unplug 4 headlights but only need to plug one back in to the original wiring. I was assuming 4, or at least (one low beam, one high). you just plug one headlight into the new harness. I just assumed the relays plugged in to the wiring somewhere. lol, clearly wrong. My windshield fluid reservoir is dry rotted so I took it out and have a nook in there where I put the relays. All is good. Thanks for your time everyone.

• Like Like x 3
  7. mr. fix it

mr. fix it Old Man with a Hat

happy it worked out.
    Thanks for the update.:thumbsup:

8. Gerald Morris

Gerald Morris Well-Known Member

Glad to see you got things working. I kept my old harness, and just plugged my new home rolled harness into the driver side low beam socket. Have had nothing but excellent service from my setup since then too. People scare themselves of electrical issues too much. Be mindful of safety, follow basic rules, check safety again, and you will be fine.

• Agree Agree x 1