SOLD WTB: 1969-1973 4dr sedan

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlymouthFury

Reaction score
Contact seller
I’m looking for a 1969-1973 4dr sedan. Fury, Polara, Newport... really anything so long as it’s a 4dr. I may consider older years. I prefer low price models. Poverty caps and no vinyl top is a plus!

I’m only looking for ready to drive, decent cars. No projects! Low mileage original would be nice! I’d prefer a big block but anything V8 would work. If it has a hitch even better!

Please no astronomically priced cars!

I’m in North Carolina so something closer to me would be preferred.

What’s available?

OK, the definition of astronomical is in the eye of the beholder, but I'll bite. There are few buyers for '73 Chryslers, and few buyers of sedans (as opposed to hardtops), so you may be able to get a good bargain on one. With this in mind, there are two that seem solid and that you may like:

1. Have you seen the red '72 Newport Royal sedan that's been on the market for a few weeks in St Louis, MO? At the $4.2k asking price, assuming the car was not flooded last June (I lost a car for that reason -- the Missouri and Mississippi overflowed), I think it looks good. Certainly not a common color for a Newport.

01414_92iPlYdaPx5_1200x900.jpg

2. Also for sale right now on FB is this white '72 Newport sedan. I have not seen it posted here. It is on the other side of the country, but it meets your requirement of a basic car without a vinyl top. I would have the car inspected, as the front valance is off and the mirrors are incorrect. If you are interested, member @Jason is in Spokane -- about 2 hours east.

590339284992_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=3b2858&_nc_ohc=seZJWSvr6W4AX_vKVRZ&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.jpg

What do you think?

PS: you missed a great deal yesterday. @Jason sold his '72 Polara sedan, a really solid driver in excellent running condition -- DM41K2D223551 was gone in a few hours on eBay (BIN at $3.5k). Here is a photo for records and to fix ideas about prices.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
FB Marketplace is the way to go these days, plenty of cars still out there.

I’ve seen those cars.

I saw the Polara but it still needs work. Interior needs help. Vinyl top removed and painted. Heater core bad. Looked like an old brake hose on the rear so possible brake work, etc. The distance was the biggest issue.

I found the white Newport last night and saved the listing actually. I’ve been searching FB. The issue with the cars in Washington is the costs of shipping them. That’ll tack on an easy $1200-$1500 and I wouldn’t be able to inspect the car in person.

The red Newport was a possibility. First I’d rather not have a red or other “striking” color if possible. Browns and Greens would be preferred. I did note what appeared to be overspray in places and I always question how drivable a car is without license plates.

I was really after the brown Newport in Missouri but it ended up getting sold.

OK, the definition of astronomical is in the eye of the beholder, but I'll bite. There are few buyers for '73 Chryslers, and few buyers of sedans (as opposed to hardtops), so you may be able to get a good bargain on one. With this in mind, there are two that seem solid and that you may like:

1. Have you seen the red '72 Newport Royal sedan that's been on the market for a few weeks in St Louis, MO? At the $4.2k asking price, assuming the car was not flooded last June (I lost a car for that reason -- the Missouri and Mississippi overflowed), I think it looks good. Certainly not a common color for a Newport.

View attachment 357631

2. Also for sale right now on FB is this white '72 Newport sedan. I have not seen it posted here. It is on the other side of the country, but it meets your requirement of a basic car without a vinyl top. I would have the car inspected, as the front valance is off and the mirrors are incorrect. If you are interested, member @Jason is in Spokane -- about 2 hours east.

View attachment 357673

What do you think?

PS: you missed a great deal yesterday. @Jason sold his '72 Polara sedan, a really solid driver in excellent running condition -- DM41K2D223551 was gone in a few hours on eBay (BIN at $3.5k). Here is a photo for records and to fix ideas about prices.

View attachment 357672

I’ve seen those cars.(...)

I was really after the brown Newport in Missouri but it ended up getting sold.

How long have you been looking? The 1971 GT8 Newport sedan to which I think you are referring was for sale on CL for a good three months. It was initially listed for $6k but the seller later lowered in $500 increments. I passed on the car twice: the second time was when the seller offered it to me for $4k in mid-January (at the time, it was being listed for $5k).

At that final price, the car was IMHO a screaming deal at $4k for a car with full provenance, good original paint, good (if not perfect) interior, and a thorough mechanical go-over. I reluctantly passed even at that price because the place where I was planning to store it had temporarily run out of space, and there was no way I wanted this survivor out in the elements.

Looks like you’ve been searching thoroughly, but I’ll try to give you a heads up if I see something.

Last edited:
I had been following it. When the price got lowered the last time an offer was made. He said he had to go through the list of people who had made offers months ago first. I guess he sold it for $3700.

How long have you been looking? The 1971 GT8 Newport sedan to which I think you are referring was for sale on CL for a good three months. It was initially listed for $6k but the seller later lowered in $500 increments. I passed on the car twice: the second time was when the seller offered it to me for $4k in mid-January (at the time, it was being listed for $5k).

At that final price, the car was IMHO a screaming deal at $4k for a car with full provenance, good original paint, good (if not perfect) interior, and a thorough mechanical go-over. I reluctantly passed even at that price because the place where I was planning to store it had temporarily run out of space, and there was no way I wanted this survivor out in the elements.

Looks like you’ve been searching thoroughly, but I’ll try to give you a heads up if I see something.

Once spring arrives there should be a big jump in stuff for sale. It shouldn't be hard to find what you are looking for.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back