WANTED WTB 1970 Polara Black Dash pad with A/C

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am needing a nice no cracks 1970 polara black dash pad for an A/C car. thanks

You need one or two? Your Orange Polara will need a 3 speaker later pad to be correct and the other 70 will need an early 3 speaker pad to be correct...

137248 2003 dash.jpg

Above is the early pad cut off is around January 1st... Notice the angle back around the gauge cluster? The wood grain also stops at the front edge.

Below is a later pad...Notice you lose the angle around the gauges and the wood grain wraps around the edge onto the side of the pad?

187134 2010 dash pad and seat.jpg

Another mystery solved on the Polara/ Monaco Yahoo board

137248 2003 dash.jpg

187134 2010 dash pad and seat.jpg

Just so I understand about the pad as it goes around the gauge cluster, you mean the ends of the small hood around the gauge cluster has less of a radius on the upper corners of the hooded area? Otherwise, I am not seeing your point yet.

I understand about the trim wrapping around on the later pad.

Very interesting to know this, as I was not aware of a different early release pad, so I will have to go look and see which one I have on my 70 Monaco. I do believe my car is an early one since it has different door interior trim panels than a later car one of my friends had, which had a kind of padded insert at the center of the trim panel, whereas my early Monaco does not have that same padded door panel.

Thanks for the info!

Steve

Allow me time to find another photo, one more visible to the point.
The "hood" leans back on the early pad or perhaps a better way to put it, it doesn't come out as far.

I will need one of each in the end but the early one is what I would need most right now as I will get the white one going first

The visor part of the pad extends further on the later one (it's about time), no more instrument glare on the windshield.

Alan

Hello Dave,
since I am getting ahead of the curve on this and don't have the white car here yet, does it still have any dash pad left that is toast or is it just gone? I could always get that one reformed if it has a usable core

Allow me time to find another photo, one more visible to the point.
The "hood" leans back on the early pad or perhaps a better way to put it, it doesn't come out as far.

OK, thanks. I get it now.

Wow just had a SHOCK! You want to talk about sticker shock JustDashes wants $1500 to restore a dash pad nowdays! I thought that service was a couple hundred bucks not that long ago. What has this world come to where a dash pad resto can cost more than some cars?

So with that said I am HOPING someone out there will have a good usable dash pad. Let me know!!

Just dashes did a nice job on the dash pad for my 68 Monaco 500. You are paying for quality. BTW the price was about $1000 10 years ago.

Thanks for the additional photo of the early dash Dave. It turns out that mine is a later pad then, as it has the wrap around trim and a more forward hood.

I think I have Bob Baker convinced to do the 69 Dodge and 70 Dodge pads after the 71 Plymouth/Dodge dash reproductions. I would wait. At around $800 for a reproduction, not a cover up, it is well worth it.

I do not see how quality and Just Dashes could be said in the same sentence. I would rather just have a cracked dash than one of their cover ups, and at their price, it is robbery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back