Your '58 Plymouth Primer

Here's my 58 Savoy.

I had a 59 Belvidere 4 door...looked about the same. Mine has the fake spare on the deck lid! Was a great car back in the day. 318 poly.. with the 2 speed power flite trans... Had lots of fun and great stories with that one :)

Do you have any pics of it? I like the 57, and 58 plymouth they have a great look.
well its in my backyard my dad sort of wanted a hot rod so he painted it curious yellow which don't look that great and had a 360 in it with 340 heads and made a hood for it from a cuda hood I can get pics if you would like

When I was a kid, and yeah I'm starting to sound like my father, about 1960, the guy across the street was going to turn in his company car. Yes, the '57 version of the blue 2 door wagon. I remember the sliding side windows fondly. Flathead 3 speed. Totally unoptioned except for the colors. The neighbor was a Sears/Allstate salesman and it had an Allstate radio that I still have. The mechanic who worked on the Flathead said it ran like a herd of turtles! Then, wait for it, in 1964, they bought the '59 Sport Suburban with the Golden Commando! Not long after that the Flathead gave up.

W2aY0u4.jpg

Posted via Topify on Android

I love these 57-58 Mopars. The Christine look alike cars top my list. My neighbor has a real 57 Plymouth Fury he bought new currently with 257k miles on it. He had it restored a few years back. It has a great story behind on how he managed to keep it all these years. The car traveled from NJ to California 18 round trips over the years.

I personally think 1957 and 1958 were the best years for Plymouth,Dodge and Desoto. Virgil Exner at his best. I love all the Forward Look cars though.

I bet those business coupe silver specials are rarer than hens teeth. I ran into a 58 Silver Special 4 dr sedan in a junkyard over 15 years ago but it was rusted beyond repair. I think it must have spent time back east or perhaps came from the beach area.

Interesting to note that the Club sedan came with the high falutin door lock option....
The Business Coupe was the car the utilities gave their "on the call" crew supervisors to take home as one of the cushy benefits the utility companies used to give.

SuddenlyIts1960!, nice The Forward Look neon. Is it "real", or something you had made ? I'd like to see a larger picture of it. And welcome !

Nothing beats the Hardtop, But the Business coupe has a nice look to it. I sold my Dads Club sedan, Do not like the Quarter windows, They look to busy. Not as clean looking.

SuddenlyIts1960!, nice The Forward Look neon. Is it "real", or something you had made ? I'd like to see a larger picture of it. And welcome !

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately it isn't mine,I found the photo online. It is a real vintage sign though that hung in a car dealerships window. I saw one on eBay once but didn't trust it would make it in one piece

I think I've only seen one in an old picture of a dealership, I've never seen that sign in person, and would love to have one. Getting them shipped is a good way to be the owner of a box of broken glass, but I think the UPS could break an anvil.

Back