For Sale 1962 Chrysler 300 Sport Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to hear the details on how a misunderstanding could lead to a car being sold to two different people.

Why? His lips could flap from now to eternity and from knowing Will, a one line statement carries more weight.
Will vs. car salesman.
Will, who I have never heard be negative about another person said he was thrown under the bus.
End of story AFAIAC.
A super nice guy was thrown under the bus for a few bucks more by a car salesman.
I am happy for Peter though and I want him to thoroughly enjoy that car.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
I'm with you on that Stan but I'd still like to hear it.

It's a done deal now ........ I've moved on and can't be any happier for Pete ....... His luck ran better then mine ...... this time. LOL.

The car has a great home now and will be lavished with TLC. so much better than the garages it has been hanging out in.

Keep us up to date Pete ....... pictures upon arrival. The 300 is in the family now.....!

Will.

Last edited:
It's a done deal now ........ I've moved on and can't be any happier for Pete ....... His luck ran better then mine ...... this time. LOL.

The car has a great home now and will be lavished with TLC. so much better than the garages it has been hanging out in.

Keep up up to date Pete ....... pictures upon arrival. The 300 is in the family now.....!

Will.

You are a class act Will ... which we all already knew.

Congrats to you Pete ... looking forward to a details and pictures once you get it and assess

I was afraid it will be going up well over the 8k or snapped up by a professional flipper. I can still see something good coming out of this after Will has come over it.

A man's word is a man's word......period!

I tell anyone Will had a "new" 1969 RR 440 6 Pack in 1969????

Good thoughts......Good thoughts......

That was a car I was giving some serious thought to, but figuring the price, I knew it would be gone before I could pull the trigger on it. That would've been sweet next to my Imperial ragtop!

Best of luck, Pete! That looks like a fine buy.

I am thrilled though that this car went to a "family" member. It won't disappear leaving us all wondering what happened to it.

300 Sport Convertible

I am thrilled though that this car went to a "family" member. It won't disappear leaving us all wondering what happened to it.

Hello Everyone,

I just found this site this morning after reading about this 300 Sport problem on the "Forward Look" site. It's always a risk with these kind of things, and in this case, the seller is the loser.

I decided to register on your site because I too, recently bought a 300 Sport convertible. I am so glad that the fellow that I bought mine from in LA is as much of a gentleman as he is. He went out of his way to ensure that I was able to drive the car up I-5 to British Columbia without any problems. The car had sat for 12 years and needed the brakes done, from master cylinder on down, which he did for me at no additional cost. Same thing with the tires.....he installed new radials at his expense, along with new belts, hoses, and a complete tune up and carb kit. Couldn't have asked for a better man to deal with...... now he's become a good friend. He and his family are welcome at my front door any time they can make it up here.
As for the car, it's a rust free LA car that needs a lot of cosmetic work. The 413 runs and drives very well and the car is reasonably tight for it's age. I had a 'H' convert 30 odd years ago and obviously should not have let it go......but who knew?...... after getting this one I'm beginning to feel redeemed.......I've had a '62 300 Sport 4 door hard top for a number of years that I had ignored due to " life getting in the way"......now I'm stoked up again and want to do them up.......I'm attaching a photo of them both and 'Chrysler Special Car Order" sheet which I found under the dash behind the Astrodome in the convertible......Thanks again for having me on board......Chris....

get-attachment.asp

get-attachment.asp

Welcome and nice car Islander !

Start a welcome wagon post and let's hear more about it .. more pics would be nice too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back