1966 Dodge Town Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have always wanted a panel van, as a work van, for my business. Here is a beautiful example in a '66. http://www.dodgepowerwagon.com/classifieds/baldwin-031813-66tp.php

1966 town panel.jpg

1966 town panel.jpg

Yes I doubt if you'll see too many Town Panel's put on a rotisserie for restoration. I wish I had the money to blow. It looks like he did it right and probably has many hours in it's restoration.

You buying this?

No but it is basically what I always wanted. Including the 318, 4 speed, sure grip. Surprisingly I really like the color. I wouldn't have picked it from a color chip, but it looks right seeing it on the van. Tastefully understated.

You should buy it. You can't build it for that money.

No you sure couldn't, I have looked over the years and this is the best I've seen. Honestly you never see them for sale, except a rusted out shell missing half of the cosmetics. Our c-bodies are hard to find parts for I can't image how hard a Town Panel would be. I looked the guy up and he is a welder. No putty on that van. I do have a friend that just moved to Idaho, but he is still about a 5 hour drive away.

See I am sitting here talking myself into it, thanks a lot Ross, but I'm just too practical to do it.

I think that's a damn good price based on the pics.
I agree, It's rare to see these trucks restored at all, let alone as correct as this one looks.

I restored, (frame off), a 63 W100 (Power Wagon), Town Wagon and I can tell you .... There is NOTHING reproduced for them. And used parts are rare and usually very used.

I did mine in Bell Green lower and the Sunset yellow, (same color as this one), inside and top. The colors were from a 63 Dodge truck paint chart and done as an original 2 tone would have been.
It was also a 318 4sp with 4:10 dana's.

Sold it for 25K.

power wagon site 1 (Large).jpg

power wagon site 2 (Large).jpg

4-8-09 003 (Large).jpg

4-8-09 006 (Large).jpg

63 W100 chasses (Small) (Large).jpg

IP right (Small).JPG

Sit down a day with Will and you'll find out all the things he has done. And I'm sure I heard only 10% of it...

The one thing that really stands out about Will and Ellie is that both of them are always smiling..........that inspired me and made me feel good! What a great couple!

Great looking Dodge and I agree on the color 100%. That would be a great vehicle to use for your business. You could use it as a tax write off as a business expense to soften the blow a bit. Get it Mike!

I would love to buy one of those already done......just get in and drive and maintain.

I agree, It's rare to see these trucks restored at all, let alone as correct as this one looks.

I restored, (frame off), a 63 W100 (Power Wagon), Town Wagon and I can tell you .... There is NOTHING reproduced for them. And used parts are rare and usually very used.

I did mine in Bell Green lower and the Sunset yellow, (same color as this one), inside and top. The colors were from a 63 Dodge truck paint chart and done as an original 2 tone would have been.
It was also a 318 4sp with 4:10 dana's.

Sold it for 25K.

Wow thanks for sharing the photos what a beautiful Power Wagon. Do you still see it around or at any shows or did someone further away buy it?

Great looking Dodge and I agree on the color 100%. That would be a great vehicle to use for your business. You could use it as a tax write off as a business expense to soften the blow a bit. Get it Mike!

The tax write off is what is making this so tempting. I obviously would never drive it in the salt, but talk about a great vehicle for advertising. I have a dark blue Sprinter Van that I have had for 10 years. Everybody knows me in this van because it is so unique. This Town Panel is in a whole other class of uniqueness. It would be so cool to do the old school hand lettering. Something like this.

Panel van.sm.jpg

Panel van.sm.jpg

That's exactly what I had in mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back