1966 Dodge Town Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
He sent me a larger picture of the engine and more detail of the work: Rebuilt radiator, all new belts and hoses, new thermostat, water pump, fan clutch, new pistons, rings, bearings, oil pump, new camshaft with rv lift, heads magnafluxed, valves ground, valve guides, second oil change in it now still running the Z additive.

Townpanel 005.jpg

Townpanel 005.jpg

You're crazy if you don't buy it.

I am going to think it over and make a decision after Christmas. I have a cousin that lives in Iowa a good half way point and friends in Spokane which is about 2 hours north of the van.

I am going to think it over and make a decision after Christmas. I have a cousin that lives in Iowa a good half way point and friends in Spokane which is about 2 hours north of the van.

That puts it somewhere near Walla-Walla .... ? I bought a 65 Town Wagon there.... and drove it to Iowa.

Is the sellers name Steve ....?

Last edited:
I would recommend making the trip and putting your own eyeballs on it....you'll figure out quite quickly whether or not you will buy it.

I think you guys are all right. He said he put it on e-bay last year when it still had the slant 6, sold it but the guy never came to pick it up and forfeited the deposit. He said top speed was about 57. He said the 318 totally changed the van.

It really isn't in the budget I wish I can across it about a year from now. I have been trying to figure out how to finance it through the business.

Think about what a Sprinter costs compared to this thing.

Also meets the weight requirement to write off the entire purchase year one. Even if you finance the purchase, you still take the tax benefit all at once. You also can still continue to write off fuel & maintenance expenses beyond that.

I just wish it was closer. There is nothing from the pictures I don't like and really can't find anything I would change. This is driving me nuts.

Just add $1 per mile to the price & have it shipped. Tell the seller you wanna raise the price & have him pay shipping. Pay more sales tax but expense the whole thing.

Next objection? Keep em coming we'll keep batting them down.

Just add $1 per mile to the price & have it shipped. Tell the seller you wanna raise the price & have him pay shipping. Pay more sales tax but expense the whole thing.

Next objection? Keep em coming we'll keep batting them down.

:laughing4:

At least drop a $50./100.00 deposit to put a hold on it. (If serious).
You decide you want it and it's gone wll result in a serious self butt kicking..... I've been there.

I think that's a great idea. Ask the seller if that would be OK with him...to hold it for a few weeks. If you decide not to go through with the purchase he gets to keep the cash. Seems like a win/win situation for the seller.

I just wish it was closer. There is nothing from the pictures I don't like and really can't find anything I would change. This is driving me nuts.
I'll go get it and drive it back for expenses ....... !!!

Another option would be to relay it back through members of the various mopar sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back