1967 Crown Coupe purchased at estate sale

I've seen maybe two other gold w/green interior Imperials, ever! That is a beautiful color combination, especially when the paint is bright and the leather is soft and supple.

Thanks for the advice. I am happy with the car; it has exceeded my expectations. The more I drive it, the less it leaks.

Some of the walnut grain on the doors is raised, like it's been wet. It looks pretty thin, but I'll attempt a light sanding. Is ordinary Old English lemon oil OK? I used to own a cedar house, and that's what we used to spruce up the interior walls.

Small Dog likes the windows down when we drive, so that work is coming up shortly.
That lemon oil should be fine, the veneer will likely drink it right in........ the veneer not only looks thin, but IS thin, so get the finest sandpaper you can, and be v-e-r-y gentle with it.... OH - and lexol the dash, as well.... Good luck.

Last edited:
I didnt catch that you were from Idaho and just confirming what you said .

Where in Idaho are you ?
I'm not any longer and HATE not being there.
Saint Anthony is where home is. 50 miles north of Idaho Falls, 70 miles south of West Yellowstone.
4 hours East of you.

Saint Anthony is where home is. 50 miles north of Idaho Falls, 70 miles south of West Yellowstone.
4 hours East of you.
I go through St. Anthony every few weeks on my way to Ashton. Just bought some big timbers there.

I've seen maybe two other gold w/green interior Imperials, ever! That is a beautiful color combination, especially when the paint is bright and the leather is soft and supple.
It will be a bit, but I'll get there. Seats need some sewing at the seam between the cloth and leather as well.

Great Imperial, congrats!
All of those were extra cost options unless the rear air is not actually ac but just the standard rear defogger. Both of my ‘67 coupes have the rear defogger and the switch is labeled “Rear air”.
There is a clear coat on the wood and that is what you see lifting. I’ve refinished the wood on a couple of these cars and the first thing you need to do is gently scrape off the clear using sharp chisels and razor blades scraping perpendicular to and with the grain and I do mean gently.
I crawled in the trunk today...just about got lost. Looks like there is a heater core, a blower, some ductwork, and a vacuum solenoid. I don't see an evaporator in there, unless it's hidden somewhere.

Rear Heater.jpg

I love that dark green interior, like the other one a member is restoring. Thanks for posting all the pics!

Well if you don’t have rear ac You most certainly have rear heated defroster.

I had my cloth inserts replaced when repairs were done to mine. I had 2 or 3 small tears in the leather and deteriorating cloth inserts in my front seats. My interior guy obtained the cloth, and I got the leather from Bill Hirsch.

"Odometer reads 33 K, I'm pretty sure it's rolled over once."
G'Day,
Speaking From Experience I Can Only Say That I Have Never Worried About the Mileage on a Chrysler.
I Bought a 1969 Plymouth Fury with 106,000 Miles on the Clock Many Years Ago and It was Only Just Run in.
My Opinion... If Its in Good Condition Don't Be Too Worried About the Mileage.
I Have Seen Cars with 50,000 Miles Thrashed to Death And I Have Seen Cars With 500,000 Miles in Wonderful Well Maintained Condition.
Of Cause Mileage Does Matter to Some Extent But It's Not the End All And Be All of Car Condition.
It Seems That So Many Naive / Con Merchants Describe an Older Car as Low Mileage Because of a Low Speedo Reading.
You Can Often Tell By the Usual Signs That the Speedo has Spun Two or Three Times.
Just a Small Hint When You Go to Inspect a Car Always Do the Sock Test.
What's the Sock Test?
Place a Small Magnet in a Sock and Drag it Over the Paint in the Usual Rust Prone Areas.
If it Don't Stick It's Usually Due to Filler in the Panels.
All The Best.
Tony.M

It is a pretty color, and your’s was a great looking car! I have a long way to go. Did you have to have new fabric inserts sewn into the front seats. Mine are separated at the seams.
Nope, it wasn’t needed on this car. My silver car needs the fronts done badly though so I bought a yard of the fabric NOS for that eventual project. I think I heard/read somewhere that it’s actually mohair?
The Mobile Director that I’m restoring also doesn’t need it as it’s only got a legit 40k miles on it and the interior is amazing.

4 hours East of you.
Nice area … I was up elk hunting (archery) for the last week. Bugled a bull in to 10-15 ft ! So close I could not draw my bow without him bolting !
Caught me off gaurd . He was between me and that burned out log .
IMG_9526.jpeg

Back