For Sale 1969 Imperial Crown Limo

Status
Not open for further replies.
80K is going to sit for a long time. You'd have to find the 2 or 3 people in the world who have the means, are car guys, and have an interest. 6K to 8K is way to low. If the car is as nice as it appears to be, it would be worth 8 to 9 without being a limo. If the seller was serious, they would offer it at 20 to 30K. I'd like to know what the NY owner paid from the Portland owner.
As a simple used car, limos are worth less. As a collectable, IDK if they are worth more or not. One big issue I see is storage... only those with really big space can make this work at all.

As a simple used car, limos are worth less. As a collectable, IDK if they are worth more or not. One big issue I see is storage... only those with really big space can make this work at all.
I agree, but I don't believe you can value limos the same as any other used car and I don't look at our cars as simple used cars, they're classic collector cars for most of us. For collectors who are interested in limos, they will usually demand a higher price if in good shape. JMO of what I've seen in the past market.

I don't think it's automatically worth more as a limo, though. A Ghia, yes, but not a simple stretched like this.

A regular Imp can find a home with 'almost' anybody.
A limo isn't as practical to drive, doesn't fit in the garage, and in some regards could have even less of a coolness factor? Some guys might not take it even if it was free. (I know wouldn't.)

To me, either a 1956 or a Ghia Crown Imperial Limousine would be the ultimate Imperial to own, they define what a luxury car is.

To me, either a 1956 or a Ghia Crown Imperial Limousine would be the ultimate Imperial to own, they define what a luxury car is.

Absolutely.

Long time ago I was told "Any damn fool can build a bridge that won't fall down. Takes an engineer to build one that will just stand up."

Substitute Stageway limo for bridge and you have it.

Wow, that 12 passenger wagon!

tenor.gif

Found these photos today, these two cars were auctioned off here in South Australia in the mid-90s.
Airport Limousines.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back