For Sale 1969 polara 500conv

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0668.JPG

what does that mean?

car needs lots of TLC, but I seen worse trying to be off loaded by people asking for a whole lot more than this one.

Thanks 70,I believe it is time to part it out. I did start the car had to switch carburetor but it runs good transmission is good and the sure grip is good.

Could you post up some shots of the underside good and bad?
Thanks

Floors are solid, I have not pulled the carpet out needs lower quarters and doglegs. This is not a jump in and drive down to the car show car. It needs rebuilt all the glass is good doors open and shut very good. The top frame is in good condition but I have not tried to put it down. I could tell you the numbers for this car but I'm sure the person that is interested already knows it is a very low number production car. Desirable? It is not a 71 Hemi Cuda convertable but at 2750 it is very affordable

To be specific, there were 573 of the 1969 Dodge Polara 500 convertibles built (and 922 units of the regular Polara convertible). This 500 line car is equipped with A/C and central tunnel betweeen seats, making it even more desirable, for the right person.

Hope it finds good home, good luck.

To be specific, there were 573 of the 1969 Dodge Polara 500 convertibles built (and 922 units of the regular Polara convertible). This 500 line car is equipped with A/C and central tunnel betweeen seats, making it even more desirable, for the right person.

Hope it finds good home, good luck.

what does central tunnel mean?

Beautiful car, interesting model.. I hope with all my Mopar-heart, that it will be saved and restored.

It still has intact "console belt latches".. and someone even parked the belt buckles there, before abandoning the car

Could you post up some shots of the underside good and bad?
Thanks

It seems to me that without underfloor photos, it will end up parted. I doubt anyone will buy it unless the underside is better than expected. If the underside is relatively clean, it would be foolish not to buy the car at this price, as it is well optioned and runs and drives it appears. Polara 500s are scarce and desirable. To have rust in the rear of the quarters is nothing and the drains for the top were just in front of the rear wheels, and to find rust there is not surprising either nor is either hard to fix. If the rest of the underside is pretty clean, it should not be parted. If the underside is clean, spend a couple hours cleaning up this car some and then repost it. It should easily sell then. People many times need help in visualizing how a car would clean up and doing so helps immensely and would be worth the effort. Also, how many miles are showing on the odometer (the reason I am asking is because the plastic driver lower seat side shield and seat back shield are both still in place, and that normally means pretty low miles)? Don't let this car get destroyed without a little effort to reveal what it really is. It could well be worth your effort and you might even ask more if it is what I am thinking it might well be.............

Last edited:
I won't part it for a while, I'm not trying to get rich on it. It runs on a bottle, I have found these old cars fuel tanks are best left alone until either parted or rebuilt. I'm not home right now so I can't answer too many questions,but I have dealt with convertibles before and I believe anyone should plan on replacing the floors. Just trying to give the old girl a chance of recovery. Thanks

[QUOTE="d5667, Just trying to give the old girl a chance of recovery. Thanks[/QUOTE]

The effort is appreciated here. Best hope is to find someone close. The shipping cost will limit interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back