1970 Fury I stripper!

My wife says my 69 Scout is “bumpy” just idling around. ,,, At 70 mph in the Fury she said ,“it doesn’t seem like this car is touching the ground anymore”.

ACB17BEB-239B-4997-8E4C-24B1EB8436BD.jpeg

Last edited:
Typical car show. I’m the only Mopar here. Hey! Check out that ‘57 Chevy!!! Ain’t seen one of them in a while!!

6BEDDAEB-05FF-4A83-9718-86DD167E1212.jpeg

Typical car show. I’m the only Mopar here. Hey! Check out that ‘57 Chevy!!! Ain’t seen one of them in a while!!

View attachment 597927
Hour 3 ,,, I’ve told them it’s a 71 Impala. But I think they are suspicious.
A guy drove a 67 Dart in here 20 minutes ago. They dragged him out of it and took him to a wooded area. I haven’t seen him since. I fear the worst…I want to leave but I know the sound of my gear reduction starter would be like blood in the water.
I’ve scooted my chair over behind a 67 Chevelle and have received many compliments on it.
Some guy flicked a cigarette in my car window as he walked by. I just laughed and flicked my own in as well.

Last edited:
Look at the mess of a gap and mis-fit on the door this 67 Chevy has. My car is seen in its slick paint job. Hack job. It gets all the attention! Am I bitter? You damn right! Lol

F99C427E-A120-4C5D-AEFF-BF6920B669F6.jpeg

Canyon coral with ivory top, my favorite combo for a '57, lol. I don't see a "vee" on its hood so it could have a straight 6 too? Unless they took it off to be "cool" (but then peppered the car with misc billet accessories).

I’ve been on vacation last week and have driven Mickey around some. I have noticed it seems be settling/breaking in, and it’s doing better and better performance wise.
This slant 6 recipe would really be fun in a 4/speed A body. Even more with a Super Six 2bbl intake. It’s not a power house by any stretch but it’s not an absolute dog either.
I might do a video of 0-60 later and try to see what it does,

that and a better exhaust manifold and you'd find out what that cam can do. pretty good as it is though.
I entertained doing something like that with this but, that can turn into a rabbit hole real quick. At some point you start sacrificing torque for HP and street manners. This just isn’t the platform to attempt an impressive slant build performance wise.
Now, if it were a ratty A,
you’d start out with the advantage of a whole lot lighter car. And I wouldn’t feel bad about modifying it how I saw fit by making wild upgrades

Well, the video turned out like crap but I was able to get a close estimate on 0-60.
Taking off easy so not to smoke the clutch I got 14.8 seconds to 60 I held it down and got 26 seconds to 80. I only tried it once because the original alternator said , “I’ll be getting out right here” when we got about 83!
The 1-2 shift I preformed was probably a world record for three on the tree I must add! It was nearing 50 mph in 2nd gear @ 11.9 when the 2-3 shift was made.

They do very well stock with a 4 on the floor. It's a big improvement in the drivability and personality of the car. I thought the big car had plenty of power with the 6 and 4 set up.
I have driven a couple of Darts with 4 on the column and a cable for reverse. Put car in neutral, pull cable for reverse. That did work well but wasn't as much fun to drive.

When my alternator gave out I decided to limp out to the place where I got the engine to get a used one for the time being. The old feller wouldn’t let me leave until I took him for a ride.
He loved it. He said he would give me my money back for the engine! Lol.. I got a used alternator from an Aspen and picked up a Chrysler radiator cap that was on the hood of a 69 Roadrunner.

86D7B412-BCDD-466D-99D0-36A2AB21CF12.jpeg

C1B37EA3-1C2C-40ED-BDA1-887E27903C3E.jpeg

9CD61D15-6539-47F7-B8B0-A7FE48EB2507.jpeg

7523B78C-8A48-4D7D-9CB6-87791007B36C.jpeg

9DB63C9D-F64C-403A-AD7E-EF2A9EBC30B6.jpeg

164CE68E-2309-45F7-9355-EFE1443418C5.jpeg

85D41D55-D820-4CC3-8418-8DB10EFB92D5.jpeg

I drove Mickey to work today which involved some interstate driving.
It did better than I expected, and kept up with traffic easily at around 70mph. Also turned over 20k miles on the odometer.

I thought for sure you were going to keep this one. If I weren't on the other side of the world I'd be tempted. Good luck with the sale!

I thought for sure you were going to keep this one. If I weren't on the other side of the world I'd be tempted. Good luck with the sale!
My problem is that I don’t have a place to store them inside and this one I don’t want to sit out in the sun.
I love bringing them back to life though! I have to have a project going on or I’ll go crazy. So if it’s sells the money will go towards another project. Like maybe a place to put these things!

Back