For Sale 1978 Dodge Magnum SE - $1600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably none do, but that doesn't change what the Law is. If my relatives from North Carolina were to come out and visit me for three weeks, and they did so by car, they would be required to register their car here. Now, I'm not about to send them to the DMV to do it, but it is the Law. Stupid in such a case, but the Law nonetheless.

I would suspect that the state doesn't mind CA registered vehicles keeping their CA registration when they are living elsewhere for more than 3 weeks.

Yes and no, 75 and down if you are blowing out smoke and get stopped you will have to go to a smog station and pass which is a full under hood inspection ie factory stock.

Alan
But this is OK... :realcrazy:

1934-ford-motor-company-model-a-5-window-coupe-roadster-hot-rod-muscle-car.jpg

I honestly do not know how the rule works on earlier cars, if they are blowing out smoke you will be stopped no matter the age just not sure what happens next.

To make matters worse you must retrofit seat belts into cars of ALL ages that are driven on the public streets.

Alan

Last edited:
Every moron, psychopath, and mental defective seem to congregate in Florida but I'll still take it over California.
What's the requirements to be a bureaucrat there. A lobotomy?

I honestly do not know how the rule works on earlier cars, if they are blowing out smoke you will be stopped no matter the age just not sure what happens next.

To make matters worse you must retrofit seat belts into cars of ALL ages that are driven on the public streets.

Alan
On earlier cars ('65 and older), you can be stopped for creating pollution and be issued a fix-it ticket, but you would not be forced to pass a smog check. It becomes a weird thing.

As for the seat-belt comment, I'm asking you to show the vehicle code on that one. Due to the required use of seat-belts in California you do need to install them, but retrofit? Unless you're stating what I just wrote, a retrofit usually implies upgrading, which a car is not required to do. My Newport has belts, but not retractable three-point belts. I do not need to retrofit it, I just need to wear the belts, same for the Gremlin. Please clarify your comment. Thanks.

Incidentally, the Gremlin has shoulder belts that are separate from the lap belts. According to a buddy's research, I am not required to wear them - shoulder belts - when I drive that car. I gladly don't as they do not allow for any forward movement.

As for the seat-belt comment, I'm asking you to show the vehicle code on that one. Due to the required use of seat-belts in California you do need to install them, but retrofit? Unless you're stating what I just wrote, a retrofit usually implies upgrading, which a car is not required to do. My Newport has belts, but not retractable three-point belts. I do not need to retrofit it, I just need to wear the belts, same for the Gremlin. Please clarify your comment. Thanks.

A simple lap belt is all that is required (to be added) proper use of factory belts is required, stowaway shoulder belts on our cars are not required (keep them put away so you do not get stopped, if hanging it looks like you do not have your belts on).

27315 VC is the section and there are basically no exemptions. The year cutoff was removed several years ago.

To add insult to injury seat belt use is a right-to-stop so a law enforcement officer can stop you solely for checking for seat belt use. I personally know somebody that had this happen, I did check with CHP on this and they said yes but not likely unless they are realy looking for a reason to stop a car.

Alan

Every moron, psychopath, and mental defective seem to congregate in Florida but I'll still take it over California.
What's the requirements to be a bureaucrat there. A lobotomy?
Well, you know what they say? "I'd rather have a full-bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy." So, lobotomies? No. Plenty of alcohol? Absolutely.

And they probably choose Absolute.

:rofl:

They do the same **** in OK. You can register a car with what's called a "black-tag" here (just a black year sticker, instead of the colored normal sticker), and it can not be driven on the road until it is insured AND get the black sticker off of the plate. If I were to buy an OK-registered car with a tag three years out of date from a seller, normally the SELLER is responsible to bring the tag up to the current date. Problem is, that is $42.00 (two years reg) PLUS a $200 penalty; so most sellers ignore that and leave it to a buyer to bring that up to date...Plus the buyer has to pay 3.5% excise tax on whatever the state values the vehicle at, NOT what you say you paid for it. OK does NOT recognize, nor give a **** about, bills of sale. They are as useless as tits on a 2x4 here. It's a racket in every state.

It WAS worse! A buyer had to pay the back registration for EVERY YEAR the car was not registered! So, if you scored a great "baarn find" that had not been registered in 40 years, you had to pay 40 years of back registration! Oh, plus title, 3.5% excise tax, and the tag itself!

They do the same **** in OK. You can register a car with what's called a "black-tag" here (just a black year sticker, instead of the colored normal sticker), and it can not be driven on the road until it is insured AND get the black sticker off of the plate. If I were to buy an OK-registered car with a tag three years out of date from a seller, normally the SELLER is responsible to bring the tag up to the current date. Problem is, that is $42.00 (two years reg) PLUS a $200 penalty; so most sellers ignore that and leave it to a buyer to bring that up to date...Plus the buyer has to pay 3.5% excise tax on whatever the state values the vehicle at, NOT what you say you paid for it. OK does NOT recognize, nor give a **** about, bills of sale. They are as useless as tits on a 2x4 here. It's a racket in every state.

It WAS worse! A buyer had to pay the back registration for EVERY YEAR the car was not registered! So, if you scored a great "baarn find" that had not been registered in 40 years, you had to pay 40 years of back registration! Oh, plus title, 3.5% excise tax, and the tag itself!
you have to be fu king kidding

The Maryland emission test is a joke. They visually don't check anything except the VIN number. They never ever open the hood. They just run a mirror around the first 6 inches under the car. The last time I went....I watched the 3 cars in front of me and the guy wasn't even looking down at the mirror when he checking the under car. I took my truck to get tested 3 days before my Flowmaster catback system came in and it was missing the tailpipe from the muffler back. Nope, they didn't even catch that and I passed the E-Test!
its a great thing you live there

Revenue generators?
King makers.
The president of the Red Light Camera Co. is a multi-gazillionair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back