For Sale '65 Riv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
My favorite year for these, what a beautiful car! There should be two cars for that asking price but whatever.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/4831079597.html

image.jpg

I like the 65 most, too from the 63-65 models.
Beautiful design

Those are bad *** too but the '65 is the tops for me.

bdipf.jpg

Wonder where the guys from Opel took the Inspiration for this front end design. :icon_pirat:

bdipf.jpg

I see the Buick but I also see Chevy II.

There is a local guy here who has one of those he had been working on. It's s driving project. Finally saw it at a car show a few months ago. Had a dual quad through the hood. Painted a period correct yellow. If I can find any pics I will post them. It's was indeed a nice car.

I see the Buick but I also see Chevy II.

They had the 327 Chevrolet engine in their V8 Version, too.

They always had a bunch of American Designers in their staff, this was also around the time when Chuck Jordan was in Opel Headquarters and Prior to about 1965 the General Body designs came exclusively from the US with only the tinsel left to the German staff.

For me, the '65 Riviera is one of the most stunning designs of the '60's. The asking price would be right if it were a GS with dual quads.

Naw, none of those is the best. They are all too bulky, chunky looking. Here is real design:

1966 Buick Riveria.jpg

1966 Buick Riveria.jpg

I really like the 65 Rivera myself. My favorite of the first generation and one of my all time favorite cars. The next generation Riv is really nice too.

I almost took a 64 Rivera in trade for my Corvette a couple years ago. I wouldn't have gotten the 300 then.

There were NO ugly Riv's built from 63 through 72. The giant bumpers ruined it after that. (IMHO)

yup, i am more here in my view too (impact bumpers marked the end of my admiration), but the 70 Riviera let me down a bit on the styling front (they had Stage I 455's though not advertised as such) initially..then it grew on me.

70 riviera.jpg

tried to make photo bigger but couldnt delete the first one...can somebody PM me why that is or is it just me?

70 riviera.jpg

70 riviera.jpg

I was just about to post this pic as well. ;)
Never saw it colored before just black and White.
There's more from this session.

unb.jpg

unb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back