For Sale '65 Riv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
nimoy-tumblr_lfqd7eixfl1qgevw9o1_400.jpg

The 65 had cool headlight doors, but as the rest of the stlying, especially the rear tail lights, left me flat.

Those clam shells are cool when you see them in operation, though.

I'll take a 71 boattail,oh and make mine a grand sport with the console/floor shift. Though I did hear there was a problem with the vented decklid, so in 72 they done away with those, and in 73 the license plate had to be center, and the bumper less prominent, gov. regs.:dancing_monkey:
6876840002_large.jpg

I'll take a 71 boattail,oh and make mine a grand sport with the console/floor shift. Though I did hear there was a problem with the vented decklid, so in 72 they done away with those, and in 73 the license plate had to be center, and the bumper less prominent, gov. regs.
dancing_monkey.gif
I bought a new leftover '72 in '73.
Caught the perfect year.
That car turned a boy into a chick magnet....
Well, that's the way I recall it...

Posted via IOA on Android

Last edited:
I bought a new leftover '72 in '73.
Caught the perfect year.
That car turned a boy into a chick magnet....
Well, that's the way I recall it...

Posted via IOA on Android

Bet you wore a pair of co-respondents back then to complement Mitchell's flamboyent design. ;)

ma-31667343-WEB.jpg

ma-31667343-WEB.jpg

And you never owned one of Mitch's flamboyant styled cars.
How did that happen?
biggrin.png

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
I'll take a 71 boattail,oh and make mine a grand sport with the console/floor shift. Though I did hear there was a problem with the vented decklid, so in 72 they done away with those, and in 73 the license plate had to be center, and the bumper less prominent, gov. regs.:dancing_monkey:
6876840002_large.jpg

I had this 73 a few years ago... Boy it was one fast SOB! If I had to pick a GM to live with, it would be a boat tail Riviera.

veekasijuttuja 042.jpg

I had this 73 a few years ago... Boy it was one fast SOB! If I had to pick a GM to live with, it would be a boat tail Riviera.

That Monaco in the background looks 10 times better to my eyes, even if the Riviera is faster. I always felt like I was sitting in a hole in a Riveria, seats close to the floor and the I/P was tall, but with a low side beltline. Just felt weird. But I give them credit for trying something different in the styling arena.

That Monaco in the background looks 10 times better to my eyes, even if the Riviera is faster.

I agree. A 72 Monaco is something only another c-body can beat! Here's a pic for you, as a thanks for a good eye... This wasn't mine, I was just it's care taker back then.

monaco72.jpg

I guess most of us would, even those who don't like the front end of these 72-73 Monacos so much...

I'm not so sure. The boat tail Riviera's were bad ***. I had a 68,72 and two 76's at the same time. The 72 was the best.

In 1969 I had a friend who's dad was a wholesale car dealer, mostly upper end cars. I had my new 69 A12 road runner.
He had a 69 Riv that needed to be delivered to Amarillo TX from Detroit and asked if I'd go as a chase vehicle and we would ride back in the Runner.
We took off and it was evident right away that my A12 Runner was no match for that Riv on the open road.

I'd love to have another Riviera if the right one cam along. It would be either a 66-7-8 or a 71, GS.

In 1969 I had a friend who's dad was a wholesale car dealer, mostly upper end cars. I had my new 69 A12 road runner.
He had a 69 Riv that needed to be delivered to Amarillo TX from Detroit and asked if I'd go as a chase vehicle and we would ride back in the Runner.
We took off and it was evident right away that my A12 Runner was no match for that Riv on the open road.
Jesus! How much would that trip cost in fuel if you did it 3 months ago???

Matt. We bought a metallic forest green W/ black leather interior '66 Riv. off the show room floor in Denver, Co. in August of that year to move back to Michigan because the tuition at the U of Denver doubled in 18 months. Reese hitch, 28' U-Haul, MPG waz 6 goin' down hill. Gawd I loved that car and would it fly. Made ah trip from Ypsilanti to Lansing in 45 minutez in the summer of '68. Did I say I loved that car? I LOVED THAT CAR, Jer

I had three Buicks. The '72 Riv, a '71 Estate Wagon, and a '78 LeSabre Sport Coupe.
I used the Estate Wagon for 85mph Midnight banzai blasts up I-93 every weekend with all our ski gear in back. Through many a snowstorm too only I backed it off to 75... Best highway cruiser I ever drove.

So tell me, WTF happened to Buick?
Sad.
frown.png

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Jesus! How much would that trip cost in fuel if you did it 3 months ago???

Between the Riviera and the Runner we used a bunch of premium gas. We didn't leave much shade anywhere either. Picked up RT66 in Ill and road all the way to Amarillo.

His dad covered all the expences on the trip. He must have gotten a pretty good price for that Riv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back