69 Fury 1 2 dr 6 cyl 3 speed manual.

What a great thread! I am new here but awhile ago I had decided on a 69 Fury as I think they look great and are still relatively reasonable. Best thing is you never see them! Congrats on your car, it looks fabulous and is just what I was and am envisioning for mine,,steel wheels and all!

Thanks! It did turn out pretty nice if I say so myself! Lol and considering we did everything in my garage. They are a nice looking car and can be really a tough looking mopar when done up right. I still have a ways to go on mine but its a runner/driver now. I have to say out of all the musclecars I have had over the years this one gets more comments and people wanting to check it out than any other one! Good luck in your search for one! they are out there and the nice thing is they are affordable. Just find one clean and complete as they can be tough to get parts for.

Very impressive you did it all in your garage. I don't have the nerve or experience to paint myself except maybe lawn furniture lol,,,and with a can....!!!! I have seen a few for sale anywhere from 500 to 23,000. Clean and complete is the way to go for sure,,I don't care if it has a blown tranny or engine etc. That part I feel I can deal with. What specific Fury is yours? Do the coupes all have the same body style especially the rear glass area?
You and your car are an inspiration!

It is a bit nerve racking to paint in the garage, just hoping its clean enough and wont be too dusty etc. I did have a little dust in the paint but once wet sanded and buffed it came out. I am just real lucky my buddy is really good at body work and patient enough so we could do mine black. It was orig a pale yellow color. Mine was pretty much rust free but had dings everywhere. Lots of hours of blocksanding!! Mine is a Fury 1 and I think the Fury 1 was the only one to have that roofline and rear window area, I could be wrong though as I am still learning on these C body cars!

Yes , only the Fury 1 was available as 2dr sedan , they made 4971 of them.

Nice to know! Thanks for the info 69monaco. I thought the guy I bought it from said that about the roof/rear window. He gave me an extra rear window with the car and he made a big deal about not breaking it! said it would be hard to find another.

You'll never see one come up for sale again. Smart snatch.
And you didn't think the car was that big a deal when you joined.

You are so right commando, I was very surprised by the response my car got when I joined here, as well as just driving it around. The people that come up to me everywhere just floors me. Everyone on here has been so nice and very helpful with any questions I have ever had. So much knowledge as well on here!

I did have it for sale last summer for a while. Nobody had any money to buy it! I was asking what I thought was a decent price, I was down to 7900 on it. I did have a trade offer but declined. I am glad I kept it. I really just need to hang onto it and finish off the things that need to be done and enjoy it.

I'm done spending $$$ on cars and then selling them and taking a huge loss on them and starting over with another car. My policy for the last 5 years....I'm not selling any of my cars anymore. I'll enjoy driving all of them until I'm gone.

Agreed 1978 NYB. I had always been pretty lucky to at least beak even, except on my 71 Challenger. We went a bit over the top on that one! Lol. I have been able to keep this one on a tight budget and get it mostly done.

I had a green 69 Fury III 4 door hardtop with a 383 in the mid 1970's. I loved that car but your 2 door sedan looks even better.

Very cool. Those 4 dr hardtops are really a nice looking car! Thanks. I hope more people start fixing these up. Such nice cars to drive and can be so cool when done right.

Mime was in perfect condition....I sure hated leaving it behind when I went overseas.

Oh I bet! They are hard to come across nowadays, thanks to all the derby guys. I really do like the 4 dr hardtops. A guy across the street had a 66 caprice 4 dr hardtop it was bright red/black with a 396 and he had nice aluminum slots and some wider tires on it, I know its not a mopar but man I loved that car!

Hi Paul Amato! The interior is not re-done. Yet. It has a bench in it out of a B body I think, its just not right for the car and the back seat is not correct for the car but is out of a C body. Not exactly sure what I am going to do yet for the interior 2 door 69 stuff is hard to come across!

Hi Everyone Happy 2016. Still looking for a 2 Door Post coupe 69 Fury I Or Fury II. I Have Original Tan/Beige 69 Fury I Door Panels & rear-panels.Put away somewhere I think in my van.Might have arm-rests as well.Got kick panels Black & Green ones for 69 Fury as well.Have Tail-lights too(The smaller ones for Fury I Or II) You all Take Care Paul-SUPERCAR-Amato

Back