69 Fury 1 2 dr 6 cyl 3 speed manual.

Hi Everyone Happy 2016. Still looking for a 2 Door Post coupe 69 Fury I Or Fury II. I Have Original Tan/Beige 69 Fury I Door Panels & rear-panels.Put away somewhere I think in my van.Might have arm-rests as well.Got kick panels Black & Green ones for 69 Fury as well.Have Tail-lights too(The smaller ones for Fury I Or II) You all Take Care Paul-SUPERCAR-Amato
Hi Paul! Happy New Year to you! Any interest in selling those door panels and arm rests?

Looking forward to the 7th of April to get my Fury out of storage! Been a long winter. I will be looking for some new seats for mine. The prev owner had put in a mis-match set out of who knows what, the back is C body but the front is maybe a B body bench. Will be swapping in a 3.55 sure-grip gear set as well.

I saw a 70 Fury 1 like this in a body shop's yard about 20 years ago. The body shop closed and I don't know what became of it. Does anyone have a breakdown of how many manual trans cars were made in the C bodies from year to year in the 60s -70s? With any engine. I suppose the one I saw and the one that this article is about were salesman cars, fleet other than taxi as wear on a auto car would be less than standard (or manual) cars

Does anyone have a breakdown of how many manual trans cars were made in the C bodies from year to year in the 60s -70s? With any engine.

This is about a 100 (at least) part question. No, make that 200 by the time you check Canadian and US sales. Then those numbers need to be compared to the total built to get the % known, and then factor what you know against 100% of production. This is at least a week's work. And it's a week I don't have.

This "how many..." boolchit drives me nuts.
I can understand, maybe, How many 75 Imperial 2drs, but these "How manys" down to "with optional Power Glove Box Door". is ridiculous.
What's wrong with..
A lot,
Not many,
Very few,
Never heard of one.

Every car I have ever owned is a 1 of 1 when you break it down far enough.

I personally wouldn't mind knowing how many 4spd convertible 300s were made. I don't care about engine breakdown, but it's more of a curiosity thing, because I can safely guess, "not very many".

I personally wouldn't mind knowing how many 4spd convertible 300s were made. I don't care about engine breakdown, but it's more of a curiosity thing, because I can safely guess, "not very many".
Peter, it might surprise you. After the war the bulk of new cars were bought by servicemen who liked 4 speed manual and distrusted automatics. The early automatics from GM and Ford weren't the most reliable and they surely weren't cheap to repair. The Chrysler 727 was eventually death to the four speed, but that didn't happen until the late 60's. When I bought a 64 Fury with the push button transmission, everyone commented that I would be sorry. Well I wasn't and the next car was a 68 Fury 727 on the tree, to which the comments were mostly, "automatic good choice". When I bought the 70 Fury with the console shift, many commented I should have bought an automatic before they realized that's what it was. A four speed is fun to drive, but won't hold a candle to a properly setup 727 with the correct torque converter and rear end gearing.

Peter, it might surprise you. After the war the bulk of new cars were bought by servicemen who liked 4 speed manual and distrusted automatics. The early automatics from GM and Ford weren't the most reliable and they surely weren't cheap to repair. The Chrysler 727 was eventually death to the four speed, but that didn't happen until the late 60's. When I bought a 64 Fury with the push button transmission, everyone commented that I would be sorry. Well I wasn't and the next car was a 68 Fury 727 on the tree, to which the comments were mostly, "automatic good choice". When I bought the 70 Fury with the console shift, many commented I should have bought an automatic before they realized that's what it was. A four speed is fun to drive, but won't hold a candle to a properly setup 727 with the correct torque converter and rear end gearing.

I would think that the percentage of Dodge and Plymouth models would far exceed Chrysler production though.

I would think that the percentage of Dodge and Plymouth models would far exceed Chrysler production though.
True, but remember, by the 60's virtually all "upper management", ie those who could afford a Chrysler were war vets. My father-in-law was Army and he bought a 64 Chrysler 300 with a push button auto and groused that it wasn't a 4 on the floor. He did change his tune after he drove it long enough to discover push buttons were neat.

Hello!
Well finally got the fury out of storage and home, even got to the first show/cruise night already this season. Had a great turnout and my 19 yr old son brought his 68 sport satellite with as well! I found a set of nice bucket seats out of a 76 daytona charger, very comfy and fit great,they and the rear seat will be recovered in the same material by my friend who owns and upholstry shop. Well the three speed stick is coming out this week. Iwas driving to work and the tranny started making some grinding noise and did not want to go into gear. I was able to get it to work and back home that day however, limping it carefully! I have a fresh 727 with a mild shift kit that will be going in for now. A nice 4speed and linkage is just out of the budget for now. A 3.55 sure grip will be going in at the same time.

Finally got the 727 and new shifter mounted in the fury. Of course it was raing once my buddy and I got things buttoned up. We did take it for a little ride to be sure everything worked as it should, it did! Tranny shifts nice and crisp and barks the tires into 2nd and 3rd gear Lol. Next up is swap in the 3.55s this weekend. Looking forward to the big mopars in the park show coming up here the first weekend of june!

Car is sold! It went to Tomah Wisc. Nice guy that runs a little classic car dealer/shop bought it. He is going to fix up the interior and replace the front windshield as well as a few other odds and ends on it, then turn it. Not sure how much room for profit for him there will be in it but we'll see. I sold it for $7,500. I fyou are in the wisc area keep an eye out for it!

Car is sold! It went to Tomah Wisc. Nice guy that runs a little classic car dealer/shop bought it. He is going to fix up the interior and replace the front windshield as well as a few other odds and ends on it, then turn it. Not sure how much room for profit for him there will be in it but we'll see. I sold it for $7,500. I fyou are in the wisc area keep an eye out for it!
Whoa! Since when was the car for sale???

Whoa! Since when was the car for sale???
Lol, oh it had always been for sale. I had it up for sale last summer for 7500 and had several people wanna look at it and more pics etc but nobody wanted to pay anything for it. I pulled the ad and was gonna just keep going on it then I had a guy chat me up on facebbok and one thing led to another and he now owns it.

Lol, oh it had always been for sale. I had it up for sale last summer for 7500 and had several people wanna look at it and more pics etc but nobody wanted to pay anything for it. I pulled the ad and was gonna just keep going on it then I had a guy chat me up on facebbok and one thing led to another and he now owns it.
OK. Congrats on the sale!

Iwas driving to work and the tranny started making some grinding noise and did not want to go into gear. I was able to get it to work and back home that day however, limping it carefully!

Damn. Did you keep the clutch pedals and other manual trans stuff? Aidan is wanting a manual trans car and may need the parts.

Damn. Did you keep the clutch pedals and other manual trans stuff? Aidan is wanting a manual trans car and may need the parts.
No he wanted them as he may swap it back, or let the next owner do that. Not sure what he is gonna do there as he is going to sell it again pretty soon.

No he wanted them as he may swap it back, or let the next owner do that. Not sure what he is gonna do there as he is going to sell it again pretty soon.

well congrats on your sale but i'm feeling bummed about not seeing any more updates on it. Hope the next owner does put the 4 speed back in it and come here. This is one of my fav cars on FCBO. I'm pretty sure I'd have given you $7,500 for it had I known and put in an 833. Still have 3 :)

Back