Dennis. That's his name.

I've been collecting everything to swap the new springs and the 8.75 with 3.23 Sure-Grip into the car.......I spent all Saturday cleaning the garage as it was a friggin disaster and I couldn't even work in there....then it was time to clean, prep and paint the rear diff, springs and components...
20170628_190949.jpg
20170629_190910.jpg
20170702_165417.jpg
20170703_112649.jpg
20170703_195650.jpg
20170703_195709.jpg

Finally making progress.....

God bless your new job. Love it when things like that work out.
I'll be honest the job happened by accident and it's a serious step in the right direction for me and my future bride.

Its a long story but I know you guys love to hear me trail on about things......right?....Stan?....pops?....

Anyway so back in May I was given my 2 weeks at the other shop......back story there is, my boss and I didn't get along, he was far too controlling and wanted everything done his way and only his way and because of that we clashed. He also wanted me to safety cars without doing all the repairs necessary to make them safe to my discretion.....sorry but that goes on my license and unless I'm satisfied I'm not signing my name and license to it and being liable.......anyone who doesn't under stand why Google the mechanic in Peterborough Ontario who was charged with criminal negligence causing death and lost his license.....I refused and did a few times so tension grew.....he was also an idiot and had no idea how to speak and respect those who were carrying his shop on their back.....

So back to my 2 weeks notice......that's fine, I'm a licensed tech who has youthfulness behind him, I started applying elsewhere and went to a few interviews where I was made job offers....dealerships, independents, chain franchises.....

I happen to stop in to see my parents on the Wednesday after I got my two weeks Monday, I tell my dad what has transpired and he asks me to sit down and talk to him because he has some news for me.....at this point I'm now expecting my week to get worse...my dad is 67 and isn't in perfect health to begin with....I worry about him and I care about him...

He says that his friend Bill called him Monday...his brother Dan who works for him hurt his back at work....he wanted to know if I was possible interested in leaving where I was working to come work for him at CBC.......Bill is the Supervisor for CBC's Toronto Vehicle Maintenance division of Technical services....

Government, union, pension and benefits for myself and spouse.....and a better hourly pay rate too....

Needless to say dad and I went and saw Bill at home right then and set it up....I've been here since the second week of May and by the sounds of it my contract will be renewed and my employment here continued.....

Its a different job without a doubt, but it's interesting....

Nick Winter- Fleet Maintenance Technician- Canadian Broadcast Corporation- CBC-RC.

I'll be honest the job happened by accident and it's a serious step in the right direction for me and my future bride.

Its a long story but I know you guys love to hear me trail on about things......right?....Stan?....pops?....

Anyway so back in May I was given my 2 weeks at the other shop......back story there is, my boss and I didn't get along, he was far too controlling and wanted everything done his way and only his way and because of that we clashed. He also wanted me to safety cars without doing all the repairs necessary to make them safe to my discretion.....sorry but that goes on my license and unless I'm satisfied I'm not signing my name and license to it and being liable.......anyone who doesn't under stand why Google the mechanic in Peterborough Ontario who was charged with criminal negligence causing death and lost his license.....I refused and did a few times so tension grew.....he was also an idiot and had no idea how to speak and respect those who were carrying his shop on their back.....

So back to my 2 weeks notice......that's fine, I'm a licensed tech who has youthfulness behind him, I started applying elsewhere and went to a few interviews where I was made job offers....dealerships, independents, chain franchises.....

I happen to stop in to see my parents on the Wednesday after I got my two weeks Monday, I tell my dad what has transpired and he asks me to sit down and talk to him because he has some news for me.....at this point I'm now expecting my week to get worse...my dad is 67 and isn't in perfect health to begin with....I worry about him and I care about him...

He says that his friend Bill called him Monday...his brother Dan who works for him hurt his back at work....he wanted to know if I was possible interested in leaving where I was working to come work for him at CBC.......Bill is the Supervisor for CBC's Toronto Vehicle Maintenance division of Technical services....

Government, union, pension and benefits for myself and spouse.....and a better hourly pay rate too....

Needless to say dad and I went and saw Bill at home right then and set it up....I've been here since the second week of May and by the sounds of it my contract will be renewed and my employment here continued.....

Nick Winter- Fleet Maintenance Technician- Canadian Broadcast Corporation- CBC-RC.

Way-ta-go, Nick! Does this new job mean we ain't gonna see you at Carlisle?

My hat is off to you Nick, congrats! And I love a blast cabinet, very handy.:thumbsup:

Congrats... that sounds like it's a good job... if it has long term benefits (government)... it may be really good. Regardless... another step up for you.:thumbsup:

if it's light vehicle fleet maintenance, that's the dead nut easiest job you'll ever have as a mechanic. oil change, tire rotation, repeat. all for "A" rate pay and a retirement. man, you just hit the lottery! now you'll be able to pay a guy to finish your car while you vacation in Hawaii.

if it's light vehicle fleet maintenance, that's the dead nut easiest job you'll ever have as a mechanic. oil change, tire rotation, repeat. all for "A" rate pay and a retirement. man, you just hit the lottery! now you'll be able to pay a guy to finish your car while you vacation in Hawaii.

Its easy work. Ocassional electrical issues to deal with and the usual Dodge issues....but still simple

We are responsible for the upfit, maintenance and decomissioning of all the vehicles, plus we also maintain everything hydraulic in the building (winches, jacks, tow motors, AWP's, lifts etc)

Plus this being the HQ we also oversee vehicles from other divisions, in fact I just got a van back from Sudbury, set them up a brand new van, unfit it, then sent it up. The van that they brought down we repurposed for Hearst, it however needed tires, rear brakes (including calipers), air filter, a good cleaning inside and out and the A/C needed services.

Word is we have 11 new vans coming in September, so we need to figure out which 11 to remove from service prior to the other 11 arriving.

Its a different ball game, that's for sure.
If you pull off full time with CBC you will be set for life. :thumbsup:

I'm lucky in a few points as my dad put in 33.5 years here before he got sick and couldn't return to work leaving CBC to buy him out for the 2.5 years.

I'm also 1 of a total of 5 mechanics we have cross country, and here in Toronto, I'm one of 12 skilled trades people in the building. 3 of which are here in the shop.

20170630_152928.jpg
20170630_153326.jpg

as someone that has had more jobs than years you have been alive - keep that job. dont fck it up. show up. dont piss people off. work hard. go home. do it again.

thats a goodun.

congo rats to you.

now go marry your old lady, quit waiting.

Lots of irons in the fire. I figure you will be in the garage this weekend, but will your 318 be getting all the attention?

Back