Dennis. That's his name.

With my better half having knee surgery, I haven't really touched the car......that being said I have bought a pile of stuff for it.........

I bought this friday morning on Ebay......its not exactly the correct one....but it was NOS and priced right....
nos speedo.jpg

With my better half having knee surgery, I haven't really touched the car......that being said I have bought a pile of stuff for it.........

I bought this friday morning on Ebay......its not exactly the correct one....but it was NOS and priced right....
View attachment 113717

That couldn't have been cheap Nick! Then again Canadian $$ is up right now....soon will be on par with USD hopefully lol

Hope your wife is on the mend!

That looks good, keep taking good care of your girl. Hope everything with her knee is going great.

That couldn't have been cheap Nick! Then again Canadian $$ is up right now....soon will be on par with USD hopefully lol

Hope your wife is on the mend!

Believe it or not the price was actually not bad at all.

She is doing well......I on the other hand am not doing as well as she is.....I'm a worry-we......on the upside we are at the point where we are both sleeping at night again after 3 weeks....

It was a necessary evil of either of us was going to have a happy future together..

20170113_092951.jpg
Attach0(1).jpg

Believe it or not the price was actually not bad at all.

She is doing well......I on the other hand am not doing as well as she is.....I'm a worry-we......on the upside we are at the point where we are both sleeping at night again after 3 weeks....

It was a necessary evil of either of us was going to have a happy future together..

View attachment 113752 View attachment 113753
Wow... that's not the "typical walking in 3 days" kinda deal... send her best wishes from the crew here.

I (we) appreciate you guys sending your best, truly, she frequently asks me what's new with you guys as I do talk about you guys a fair bit. One of the biggest reasons I like it here is the friendly family like feel.

She is recovering well, very well actually. She back to driving me insane so that about the best sign as I could get.

Now that things are settling down around the house it's time for me to get back to working on my old gold friend.

I got the speedo....

Put together a set of rollers with some used rubber off a customers can and I keep collecting parts and farming out work....

I should get the call tomorrow to come get my leaf springs, they have been rearched and a leaf added to each side...

My spring shop buy is a Mopar guy too....

20170212_205538.jpg
20170212_205552.jpg

20170206_223656.jpg

We got hit with a nasty snow fall today........I've shoveled 5 times and it's still falling....I cleared off the Mrs car about an hour and a half ago.
20170212_205713.jpg

might i suggest
th

real life and back saver

I have one, you think that SOB would start.......noooooooooo.....of course not.....I hate 4 stroke small engines. Stupid OHV ......bs.......

Anyway....

Getting ready for the 318/727 to come out....and preparing the 8.75 from Mr.fix it's Newport to go in place of the 8.25.....everything you are in the back is pretty much a gonner.....

New shocks, different springs with extra leads and of course the 8.75....

20170213_234447.jpg
20170213_234505.jpg
20170213_234539.jpg
20170213_234554.jpg
20170213_234605.jpg

Why did you want the extra leaf in the back? Does the back end sit low and you need to bring it up 2" to be level?
The only way to address saggy springs properly is to add a leaf or replace the springs completely.....

Yes it was saggy
FB_IMG_1473008585558.jpg
FB_IMG_1473009406697.jpg

Here's some pictures that show the sag a bit better....the worst part is the rear tires are also taller then the fronts and it has those coil spring shock boosters and it is still saggy.

So I had a choice, New or add a leaf to these ones...I priced New ones and it became New interior or New springs, I paid $100 cash to a local shop and got my springs done, so it means I addressed one issue and can still afford tot take care of a large issue.

The only way to address saggy springs properly is to add a leaf or replace the springs completely.....

Yes it was saggy
View attachment 115848 View attachment 115849
Here's some pictures that show the sag a bit better....the worst part is the rear tires are also taller then the fronts and it has those coil spring shock boosters and it is still saggy.

So I had a choice, New or add a leaf to these ones...I priced New ones and it became New interior or New springs, I paid $100 cash to a local shop and got my springs done, so it means I addressed one issue and can still afford tot take care of a large issue.

I understand your reasoning for adding the leaf, but just the act of rearching the springs will bring the back of the car up. The extra leaf will just bring it up even more. I took an Fbody coupe into get the rear springs rearched and the damn spring shop put an extra leaf in on each side without asking me. Stupid car looked like a cat in heat. They weren't happy when I made them take the extra leaf out and take the charge for them off the bill. But at least the car sat level afterwards.

I understand your reasoning for adding the leaf, but just the act of rearching the springs will bring the back of the car up. The extra leaf will just bring it up even more. I took an Fbody coupe into get the rear springs rearched and the damn spring shop put an extra leaf in on each side without asking me. Stupid car looked like a cat in heat. They weren't happy when I made them take the extra leaf out and take the charge for them off the bill. But at least the car sat level afterwards.
The problem is, overtime just a rearch will sag again as you haven't added any resistance.

I'm only doing those rear springs once, so I went a bit overkill, but I have other T bars to go in it as well that are stiffer and will bring a taller ride height, so it should still be even.

The problem is, overtime just a rearch will sag again as you haven't added any resistance.

I'm only doing those rear springs once, so I went a bit overkill, but I have other T bars to go in it as well that are stiffer and will bring a taller ride height, so it should still be even.

Front ride height isn't a function of the stiffness of the torsion bars. Ride height is called out in the FSM. Changing front tires from the stock size will obviously affect it, but the difference between the two measurements off of the lower control arm should remain the same even if the dimensions themselves change. And the distance from the bottom of the rocker panels front and back to the ground should be the same too.

There's a common fallacy that leaf springs are supposed to have a positive/smile arch to them. Not so. In 1960 when unibody cars first came out, Chrysler was flooded with complaints from car owners who thought the rear leaf springs were shot because they had a reverse arch/frown. It was design intent.

You're correct that re-arching a spring won't increase its resistance or load carrying capacity, but it can and will change ride height. As long as none of the leaves are broken, the weight capacity of the spring doesn't change as the arch changes. Adding an extra leaf increases load carrying capacity and depending on how the extra leaf is added with either increase the positive arch or maintain the existing one. Years ago I took a set of four leaf springs from a /6 Dart and a set of 5 leaf springs from a V8 Dart, disasembled them both and made up a pair of 6 leaf springs. No two leaves in each stack were the same length. The car remained sitting level and no amount of weight in the trunk and back seat changed that. The only way you knew the car was carrying a lot of weight was because the tires were bulging. The last five years of his life, I was very good friends with Chrysler's chief chassis and suspension engineer. I learned A LOT from him. The extra leaf in the rear is going to increase the rear roll stiffness, going around a corner. You've increased the understeer in the car. Along with changing the torsion bars to bigger ones, you might want to look for the largest front sway bar you can find to compensate for those extra leaves.

I added a leaf to my springs on my Charger going from what was 383-2 to a 440 4 spd needed to increase stiffness on front section. Overall it sits a little higher than I would like but it should drop a bit when car rest on its suspension for more than a hour.

I added a leaf to my springs on my Charger going from what was 383-2 to a 440 4 spd needed to increase stiffness on front section. Overall it sits a little higher than I would like but it should drop a bit when car rest on its suspension for more than a hour.

Did you swap out the torsion bars? Bars for a 383-2V aren't up to the task of a built 440.

Did you swap out the torsion bars? Bars for a 383-2V aren't up to the task of a built 440.
No not yet it is a a/c car and with the intake and headers weight is not the issue. I'm stepping up to a even bigger bar than available to stiffen the front. I haven't yet but future plans to mount front and rear sway bars off of a Chevy Trailblazer (front is tubular and vehicle weight is about the same). I am setting that car up more for pro touring/handling rather than a strip type that I already have 2 to handle that.

Back