Not open for further replies.

67Monaco

Go Woke, Go Broke.
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/4417510714.html

00J0J_2l0tFCrp6xD_600x450.jpg

00J0J_2l0tFCrp6xD_600x450.jpg

I've had a few good laughs over this one.....

Plymouth GTX Convertible, 1969. Very Rare Only 550 Ever Built
440 Automatic, Registered to Gilain Covier. Free and Clear Title
Asking $10.000 OBO, I know how much this car is worth, No Lowballs

I wonder what "Gilain Covier" thinks about this! Ten grand, my ***. There does not appear to be a useable, salvageable part on this car. Probably no fender tag or build sheet, either. $500 on a good day, and that is assuming the top frame is at all good.

I wonder what "Gilain Covier" thinks about this! Ten grand, my ***. There does not appear to be a useable, salvageable part on this car. Probably no fender tag or build sheet, either. $500 on a good day, and that is assuming the top frame is at all good.

Obviously, Dan has a brother in Detroit.

Moparts is having a lot of fun with this one.
Some people don't know their idiocy can make them internet celebraties.

Oh come on guys. Its a cream buff....a little buffing. Some touch up paint. New set of tires.....

I would actually like to see this car in person but mainly because I like looking at rusty heaps.

It's very difficult to actually tell the condition outside of the easily repairable front end damage. If it does have a fender tag it will bring a lot closer to $10K than $500, but probably not $10K.

My guess is it will go for ~ $4-6K depending on an actual inspection, what's is there and not there, etc and if it has the fender tag and maybe a build sheet (probably no BS) unless he's stuck on that number and it might even sell for that.

Yeah that price is just silly.

Ten years ago, I passed up a near-perfect original-everything '69 GTX ragtop a friend had in Tacoma, WA. Price? $17,500. Yeah, I ****** up there!

You know? Looking at it and thinking, if it doesn't have any real rust in it and the parts that have been pulled are all in storage, lets say numbers matching motor and trans etc, a rustfree convertible GTX needing some front sheetmetal, its not too out of the question, what knocks it is so many people are afraid of taking projects on. I spent close to that on my RT charger and it took a year of metal work to get the body right, then all the rest needed doing too. But because i can do all the work except chroming and boring work myself the total cost to date is still less than 15K and i have a rolling shell painted and suspension rebuilt plus new interior kit and many shiny new parts, most i have to spend money on now is windscreen and some more vinyl padded parts for the interior. Oh and exhaust system and tires. It will owe me no more than 15k done and to me the two years it will finally take me to finish it will be worth it.

Who is Gilain Covier? And why didn't he or she take better care of this car? This thing is some kind of joke. $100 to the nearest junk yard. Jesus himself could have driven it and it would still be only worth a $100 bucks.
Add it to the Craig list idiot list!

Being a Grade 5 car, by a mile, it would be worth around 8K with drive train. I don't see a drive train.

Looks like it was stranded on Gilain's Island for a few decades.

I will bet he gets very close to his number. People pay big bucks for provenance. A fender tag on a Dodge is just that. Not lost piece of paper, not someones word the car is real. Proof it IS a muscle Car is right there.

I will bet he gets very close to his number. People pay big bucks for provenance. A fender tag on a Dodge is just that. Not lost piece of paper, not someones word the car is real. Proof it WAS a muscle Car is right there.

Proof is right there on a different car that never was a GTX is more like it. & FIFY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back