I smoke crack, Detroit, ($10,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proof is right there on a different car that never was a GTX is more like it. & FIFY.

And i wonder if the car has already been cut up once. Note the two different colors, not green and rust, but green and blue. Look back to where the rear seat back should be, you'll see the blue.

A fender tag on a Dodge is just that. Not lost piece of paper, not someones word the car is real. Proof it IS a muscle Car is right there.

A data tag is good veificaion ..... but the proof is in the paperwork.

FYI ...... The proper term is "Supercar", as they were advertised in the day. The term "musclecar" was coined by some nerd magazine writer in th 80's.

Big f'in deal it's a GTXXX.
As far as i'm concerned ......
a 1969 GTX convertible .... IS ..... a big deal. The 69 Plymouth GTX and Road Runer were probably the finest Supercars ever to hit the road.

The pictures don't tell much about the car, and the asking price is in the stratosphere, but that car could be a sleeper. A year ago I bought a 69 Coronet 500 convertible that was bad rusty with a NOM for $1200.00 ....... and sold it a week later for $3700.00. People want them.

I doubt anybody paying big money is going to restore this car, they just want the numbers to transfer which is totaly ilegal.

Alan

I doubt anybody paying big money is going to restore this car, they just want the numbers to transfer which is totaly ilegal.

Alan

Question. I know where the con vin is on my old 73 Charger. And my 68 R/T Charger, and my 68 RoadRunner was.

On a 69 B Body. There should be three that are very easy to figure out. Correct?

Question. I know where the con vin is on my old 73 Charger. And my 68 R/T Charger, and my 68 RoadRunner was.

On a 69 B Body. There should be three that are very easy to figure out. Correct?

The point is on cars that are like this people will cut out the piece with the number and transfer it to a better shell.

Alan

The point is on cars that are like this people will cut out the piece with the number and transfer it to a better shell.

Alan

it took me and a sheriff, but I got my momney back from a used car lot when the title and vin plate didn't match the con vin on a 68 Roadrunner I bought in 1992. Can be caught if you know what to look for,

Actually .... four.
1 .... Dash VIN
2 .... data tag
3 .... core support, (Usually driver side, top or facing the engine side.
4 .... Left trunk rail under the weatherstrip.

Other VIN locations are passenger side of the engine block and transmission

To me it's like putting the 7 year itch skirt from MM on Nancy Culp and calling it the real thing.
I'll take any untouched well preserved original LoPo Mopar over a rebodied SuperCar.

Actually .... four.
1 .... Dash VIN
2 .... data tag
3 .... core support, (Usually driver side, top or facing the engine side.
4 .... Left trunk rail under the weatherstrip.

Other VIN locations are passenger side of the engine block and transmission

Prior to 69 the only place the "VIN" was located was the VIN tag on the door post.
Without a Broadcast sheet the VIN tag could be moved to another car and nobody would now, long as the engine code matched the engine code on the data plate, IE "D" and "31" for a 67 273.

The body number on pre 69 is also on the broadcast sheet and fender/data tag.

The CHP will lead you to believe there are others, even when I call him on it he just replied "you can think that".

The other locations that our DMV accept are the door sticker (70 and newer), Certicards and truck frame numbers.

Alan

Prior to 69 the only place the "VIN" was located was the VIN tag on the door post.
Without a Broadcast sheet the VIN tag could be moved to another car and nobody would now, long as the engine code matched the engine code on the data plate, IE "D" and "31" for a 67 273.

The body number on pre 69 is also on the broadcast sheet and fender/data tag.

The CHP will lead you to believe there are others, even when I call him on it he just replied "you can think that".

The other locations that our DMV accept are the door sticker (70 and newer), Certicards and truck frame numbers.

Alan
My 68 has the vin as per bluefury quote, on the core support, left trunk drain rail and dash etc. none on the engine block but there is one on the transmission.

here are some more pics of the GTX,
20140402_174201.jpg20140402_174205.jpg20140402_174213.jpg20140402_174253.jpg20140402_174312.jpg20140402_174318.jpg20140402_174337.jpg

20140402_174201.jpg

20140402_174205.jpg

20140402_174213.jpg

20140402_174253.jpg

20140402_174312.jpg

20140402_174318.jpg

20140402_174337.jpg

My 68 has the vin as per bluefury quote, on the core support, left trunk drain rail and dash etc. none on the engine block but there is one on the transmission.

Is it the VIN or a different number?
Prior to 1969 the cars had the shipping order number there along with some other digits.

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back