My new `67 Imperial Crown Coupe!

Sounds like you are ready for a great Imperial cruise, Matt! The part with your heater is interesting because a friend of mine does have a similar problem on his '70 Imperial. Maybe its a similar problem. We will see.

Honeymoon? Did I miss you're married now? Man, I have to find more time to hang around here again!
Not married yet but will be on June 4th. It's at the end of our stay at the house but who cares, it feels like I've been on a honeymoon for 3 years now! What house you ask? I'll start a new thread for this trip.

Not married yet but will be on June 4th. It's at the end of our stay at the house but who cares, it feels like I've been on a honeymoon for 3 years now! What house you ask? I'll start a new thread for this trip.
Great, I'm really happy for you. Congratulations! You're close to the american dream, hm?

What hou... oh, never mind ;)

So Cars, Girls and and a nice place for both? Perfect! :)

Can't believe I've never noticed these wires until yesterday. I tugged on them and low and behold found this little paper tag. How and the hell it has lived in the cavity at the leading edge of a hood on an almost 50 year old car with 148K miles without so much as even a water stain on it is beyond me!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

You really should be working under the hood more often. :poke: LOL
So what is 2524640? There's 1,348 of them. :eek:

If the last two digits were "78" it might make more sense.

2524678 1966 W HOOD LOCK VERTICAL SUPPORT,PU

I can't find that number so here's my theory.... It got wadded up in there because the number is wrong and they wanted to hide the evidence.

I can't figure out the date code on it.

I don't think they would have used both the 6 & the 1 for the year.

I'm not sure that's a date. All the other info is written underneath the item not above. That 005561 may just be the part number of the tag itself.

I'm not sure that's a date. All the other info is written underneath the item not above. That 005561 may just be the part number of the tag itself.
Of course it is! It is so obvious.

It's not the part number of the tag. It's the tag number. The bottom portion of the tag with the same number got torn off and filed. Think of it as the tag serial number.

Geez... Haven't youse guys done inventories?

I don't know how I ever missed this thread, just read through it all. A lot of great work you have done to the car. I don't recall but it ran great on your wedding trip didn't it.

I don't know how I ever missed this thread, just read through it all. A lot of great work you have done to the car. I don't recall but it ran great on your wedding trip didn't it.
Flawless!

It's not the part number of the tag. It's the tag number. The bottom portion of the tag with the same number got torn off and filed. Think of it as the tag serial number.

Geez... Haven't youse guys done inventories?
Sorry, no.... at least it was a good guess.

A great(Imo) action shot out on Woodward Ave. a couple of weeks ago.
That's my good friend and trans guru riding shotgun.

image.jpeg

Back