Significant Fuselage C-Bodies at Chrysler Nationals at Carlisle

I sure look forward to see pics of this show!

Dave (Polara man), congrats!

I assume no other invitationals are members here, right?

At least two (more) are...

Last edited:

Fury Pursuit I'm a member.
Billyfury is a member.
GT Dave is a member.
Polara71 is a member.
The Horvaths is a member.

We were all invited to attend and I personally consider it an honor to be able to attend.
I'm showing the 300 Hurst Convertible/Linda Vaughn Hurst, so ALL OF YOU guys and gals can check out MoPar history. I want you guys to enjoy it as much as I do. I'm not looking for any awards or trophies. Come check out our cars, take a look at MoPar history, it should be cool!

Last edited:
Billyfury is a member.
GT Dave is a member.
Polara71 is a member.
We were all invited to attend and I personally consider it an honor to be able to attend.
I'm showing the 300 Hurst Convertible/Linda Vaughn Hurst, so ALL OF YOU guys and gals can check out MoPar history. I want you guys to enjoy it as much as I do. I'm not looking for any awards or trophies. Come check out our cars, take a look at MoPar history, it should be cool!
Fixed.

Billyfury is a member.
GT Dave is a member.
Polara71 is a member.

Im a bit confused Trev, do you own this car or are you showing it with /for someone else?

Billyfury is a member.
GT Dave is a member.
Polara71 is a member.

Is Linda going to be there? :poke:

image.jpeg
Im a bit confused Trev, do you own this car or are you showing it with /for someone else?

Yes Dave,...I'm happy to say after 30 years of lusting after "Linda" (as the car is known), it is now in my humble collection. I really don't consider myself an owner, just a caretaker of history.

I'm showing the 300/Hurst Convertible at Carlisle in part to honor Steve McCloud and his family. Steve was going to bring "Linda" (as he called the car), out on the show circuit, but sadly Steve passed away after his retirement. Steve found the car in 1974, and bought the car in 1976. He only showed it at major shows twice!!! The last time it was shown was about 25 years ago.

I really hope you guys come and take a look, (even Stan!) I think you all will dig it.

Also, none of this would be happening without the support and help of some very good MoPar/Fury friends, that are helping with transportation, storage, logistics etc. I can only sincerely thank my humble friends that have helped in the entire process.

The car is a significant part of racing, drag racing and MoPar history, and I'm honored to take care of her.

Last edited:
Maybe I could sneak away for 36 hours....

Carlisle this year sounds like an event of a lifetime for this crowd. I have to get my butt back East to see C bodies - they are virtually non-existent on the left coast at any car shows. I have to go in my backyard to see more than a couple in one spot. Wish I could be there this year.

Carlisle this year sounds like an event of a lifetime for this crowd. I have to get my butt back East to see C bodies - they are virtually non-existent on the left coast at any car shows. I have to go in my backyard to see more than a couple in one spot. Wish I could be there this year.
A week to go,....who is gonna be there???

Back