The weather

Tink

Reaction score
It sure looks like we've had a big change in the weather. Tornadoes in February in the deep south is unusual. I live near the west shore of Galveston Bay about 20 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. I see the heavy moisture laden clouds stream NE about every three days. Unusual this time of year.

Last edited:
Read this just this morning in the local rag...

PicsArt_02-03-11.00.34.jpg

And not that I am complaining but there has not been much snow here this year...
What we did get got rained on, turned to ice,, and is lingering ....

Five times the historical average is remarkable. It should keep the mosquitoes at bay. They need stagnant water.

And not that I am complaining but there has not been much snow here this year...
What we did get got rained on, turned to ice,, and is lingering ....
Over yonder must be in the northern hemisphere unless he is below Australia.

El Nino will do all this. They've been saying it is the strongest ever noted. California should also be getting rain, and lots of it.
It also explains why it has been so warm here on the East coast

I don't even think we've had 10" of snow yet this year and temps way above what we've had the last several years. I'm afraid to know what this will mean for this spring and summer.

Been unusually cold here in the desert this year. Gonna be back up in the 80's next week though.

Winter has been pretty easy here so far. We usually have about 6 1/2 feet of snow by now and we've only had about 4 1/2 feet. We average about 10 feet for the season.

This happened last year too and we got pounded with snow in February and March.

Thanks to el nino we're back to a slightly-closer-to-normal winter here. The last three have been colder than average, plenty of snow and ice, bigger heating bills. Previous summers were dry so the water has been welcome to that extent. It just seems to go on endlessly at times, especially when you want or need to get something done outside (of course).

I know it's only the beginning of February, and the start of the real snowy season here, but I almost feel that I wasted my money buying snow tires. There have been a few miserable, snowy days, but virtually none left on the ground as of today. Temperatures have been hovering a bit above normal, but again, the coldest months are still to come.

early spring and another hot year lm thinkin...same as last if not earlier...

Can't say I'm complaining
We have used less than half the amount of fire wood as last year

I should have known tuning up the snow blower and putting air in the tires would cause this warm winter

I don't even think we've had 10" of snow yet this year and temps way above what we've had the last several years. I'm afraid to know what this will mean for this spring and summer.

Hopefully 70 and sunny during the 2nd weekend in July.....

Couldn't resist taking Willis out for a spin last Saturday. The roads were clear everywhere then it snowed an inch overnight and the sand (or should I say gravel) trucks were out and made it a sloppy mess.

The famous Chinook Arch (google it) on display on ride into work this morning...45 degrees tomorrow woohoo!!

image.jpeg

Almost all of the 30" of snow we got in Baltimore is gone.

Back