The weather

stumbled onto this doing a climate science project with my niece (fifth grader) .. recalled an old "weather-nerd" thread and figured this belonged here.

What if some of the NA cities and some of the European cities on SAME latitude, with the cities OWN longitude, were on each other's continents?

source: European & North American Cities Transposed Onto The Opposite...

If you're been to /heard about weather in some of these places, London would be a far different place at ITS latitude on THIS continent. Denver on Italy's boot? Houston in Saharan Eqypt?

learned some stuff from a fifth grader's science project :)

The main point here: the ocean (currents and temperatures) play a big part in the climate. All of it driven by the sun, planetary rotation, and topography.

Really neat for some of us weather nerds, or maybe just me. Hope my niece gets an "A"

upload_2020-3-22_10-45-30.png

stumbled onto this doing a climate science project with my niece (fifth grader) .. recalled an old "weather-nerd" thread and figured this belonged here.

What if some of the NA cities and some of the European cities on SAME latitude, with the cities OWN longitude, were on each other's continents?

source: European & North American Cities Transposed Onto The Opposite...

If you're been to /heard about weather in some of these places, London would be a far different place at ITS latitude on THIS continent. Denver on Italy's boot? Houston in Saharan Eqypt?

learned some stuff from a fifth grader's science project :)

The main point here: the ocean (currents and temperatures) play a big part in the climate. All of it driven by the sun, planetary rotation, and topography.

Really neat for some of us weather nerds, or maybe just me. Hope my niece gets an "A"

View attachment 362591
Good on your niece for taking on such a cool project. It’s interesting to see how much of Canada’s population is below the 49th parallel, the line we generally think of as the border. Looking at average mean temperatures of some of those cities can be quite surprising.

Back