‘70s Front Fender Turn Signal Lights used as “Econo Indicators”?

haywire 440

Get The Cartwright
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
While having a conversation with a fellow car club member he interjected, as fact, that the Mopar cars ‘70s-80s that had those fender lights utilized them as both turn signals and that they would light up when the engine was at peak efficiency. It would probably work off of a high vacuum reading if this is true.
What do you think?

While having a conversation with a fellow car club member he interjected, as fact, that the Mopar cars ‘70s-80s that had those fender lights utilized them as both turn signals and that they would light up when the engine was at peak efficiency. It would probably work off of a high vacuum reading if this is true.
What do you think?
I don't know what year they started or stopped using the t/s ind. for that, but I had a '75 Charger that had it. I think it was called a fuel minder, the light would come on gradually as vacuum dropped. It was only on the drivers side.

I don't know what year they started or stopped using the t/s ind. for that, but I had a '75 Charger that had it. I think it was called a fuel minder, the light would come on gradually as vacuum dropped. It was only on the drivers side.
I never knew of this. Neat!

Chrysler's Fuel Pacer System Was A Dazzling Half-*** Response To The Fuel Crisis

I don't ever remember seeing one.

Screenshot_20231207_215721_Chrome.jpg

Great information, thank you. I kind of thought the fellow was pulling my leg but something told me not to disagree. Part of that was the ol’ “never say never” when it comes to Chrysler/Mopar.

Now a days it seems like those little lights are on your dashboard on most vehicles. The “econo” reminder, yeah I play that game.

It’s fantastic to be able to show this to our car group at the next meeting.

Chrysler's Fuel Pacer System Was A Dazzling Half-*** Response To The Fuel Crisis

I don't ever remember seeing one.

:thumbsup:

New to me too. I had no idea.

My father and I both had 1975 Gran Fury's. Both cars had them, and they worked so well I retrofitted to a few cars I had owned since.

Back