WANTED 11”x2” drums

Status
Not open for further replies.

67fury3kidd

Reaction score
Contact seller
I’m trying to do the brakes on my 1967 fury 3 commando, it is my daily and I need the rear drums, they are 11”x2” (need at least 1). Because the wheel cylinder on one side blew out and wedged the shoe against the drum. I can’t seem to find them at any parts store locally or on any websites. I’m strongly considering just buying a rear disk conversion kit and running that with drums in the front for a short time. Anyone with info as to where I could get them or if they're just not made anymore would be greatly appreciated.

I doubt you'll find them new, but used should work as long as they're not too badly worn. You have a few yards in AZ specializing in older cars so I'd check with them - just make sure to check runout b4 laying out any dollars.

Just by the finned later style drums in your 11 x 2 size for a 70 - 73 Fury.

I would recommend going to the wrecker and finding any 70-80 early 90's RWD mopar with a 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern and just pulling the complete rear drum assembly, 4 bolts and one E-brake cable, from each side. This should net you either the 11x 2.5 or 11x3 rear drums and lots of availability of parts. This is what I have done to all of my mopars that did not already sport the large brake on the rear.

Thanks for the shout out, 73coupe, you are of course, correct.
I have the 11" x 2" rear Brake Drums and ++ N.O.S. ++ Asbestos ++ Brake Shoes....
67fury3kidd, will P.M. you presently....

Reminder, if you are going to pay 60 % of NEW brake drums, for USED, make sure you have meat on them before he ships "paper weights"....

11.000 " is NEW

11.090 " is Discard / Throw Away

Yours, Craig.....

As suggested by Thrashing cows, I converted to the 2 1/2" rears from a 73

Nice new drums & hardware are easy to find

A) maybe. They TRY and order them in -- and that's when you get told they are NLA (no longer available).
B) Remember what "Napa" stands for:
Never American Parts Available
C) They can NOT have ++ N.O.S.++ Asbestos ++ brake shoes -- and that new friction material will rip NEW brake drums to smithereens.....

Why play games -- when I have the ++ N.O.S. ++ and
U.S.A. right here ?????
If you play games, no one there to say "so solly"....
Yours, Craig......

First of all -- if anyone is driving a car in such a way that the lining is going to come off the brake shoe -- that person needs to address how and where he / she is driving that car (can you say "moron" ????)
Second of all -- if anyone is driving a car in such a way that the lining is going to come off the brake shoe --
that person is going to be very happy he / she had
++ Asbestos ++ shoes -- such that it STOPPED before the front bumper, grille, hood and more are now crumpled -- expensive lesson without ++ Asbestos ++.
Third of all -- why play games with this new garbage friction coefficient -- to find out the worst?????
People all over the world beg me to find ++ Asbestos ++ for their cars -- in the G M world, the MOPAR world, the Ford world, the Studebaker world, etc., etc.

And as far as brake drums -- would anyone rather have Factory Balanced N.O.S Real Steel U.S.A. made
Brake Drums. -- or --
Cheap Easily Warpable Chineseum stamped out of a mold brake drums.
The only ones who want the cheapy Chineseum brake drums are the cheap people of the world... And some of them are there for those idiots who care only about price -- and not about quality..... Too bad those people's CARS didn't get a vote....

I’m trying to do the brakes on my 1967 fury 3 commando, it is my daily and I need the rear drums, they are 11”x2” (need at least 1). Because the wheel cylinder on one side blew out and wedged the shoe against the drum. I can’t seem to find them at any parts store locally or on any websites. I’m strongly considering just buying a rear disk conversion kit and running that with drums in the front for a short time. Anyone with info as to where I could get them or if they're just not made anymore would be greatly appreciated.
The '65-71 Dodge 1/2 ton PU's used them too. Unless you're trying to keep it stock looking, I'd use the finned ones for better heat dissipation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back