14" wheels and Wilwood disc swap

crassell

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this wheel is?
In the middle of a Wilwood swap.
Only wheel on the car that clears the caliper. Other 3 are different and rub the caliper.
67 fury

20230508_174639.jpg

20230508_174631.jpg

Some where inside the hoop (on the backside) is a part number. Find it and google away

Somewhere inside should also be the size.

Some older 14" wheels had much greater clearance than newer ones did. My '62 New Yorker had 14" wheels. I swapped them for a set of 14" Rallyes; looked great! BUT!! Those rallyes would not clear the drums. I had to use spacers, and then continued to have problems until I swapped them for 15" Road Wheels. (Also looked great!) The 15s had no problems at all; I never understood why the 14s were too small when the original wheels were 14s?

They are Electrofuse wheels I believe. Take the tire off and it should be stamped on the hoop. Electrofuse was made by Motor-Wheel.

FWIW, Electrofuse made those oddball early Tornado wheels.

That may or may not help you any though...

This is all i see. Nothing came up in google.
View attachment 595779
Could be a replacement wheel.

It wasn't unusual to buy a pair of wheels when you bought snow tires for your new car. Back in the days when a lot of drivers did their own work, they often had their snows mounted and ready to go. Or let's say they damage a wheel... The tire stores had these in stock.

Does anyone know what this wheel is?
In the middle of a Wilwood swap.
Only wheel on the car that clears the caliper. Other 3 are different and rub the caliper.
67 fury

View attachment 595701

View attachment 595702
Had the same problem when I put in all Wildwood disc brakes in my 65 SF after having put in ones that claimed they would fit but didn't. Different wheels have different offsets. Need to get the right wheel with the right offset. Not an easy task!

Back