1955 Crown Imperial Limousine Deterioration.

crv

Reaction score
The 1956 Crown Imperial which has recently come up for sale made me curious as to sale results, well, I found an old Mecum listing: 1955 Chrysler Imperial Limousine at Dana Mecum's 25th Original Spring Classic 2012 as G229 - Mecum Auctions, in which it looked to be in pretty good shape, sold for $22K in 2012, then I noticed that it is the same car sold through MotoeXotica Classic Cars just five years later: . The poor limo must have had a rough life in that five year period, guess it was used as a limo service car to cart feral people in it, the changes in such a short period of time would attest to that. Sad that such a rare vehicle ended up in the wrong hands. What it looked like in 2012:
1693152571447.png

Watch the video to see the deterioration. Pissed off rant over.

I think you have a few factors here.

First, it wasn't a good restoration. ~34 seconds into the video shows old Bondo falling apart for example. Chances are it ended up with a Limo company and who knows what happened. You know it sat outside during the time with them too. That didn't help.

Then there's another factor... The 2012 pics show all the good stuff, the 2017 video shows the car a little more honestly, warts and all.

It would be a cool car to have, although very expensive to restore correctly.

I think you have a few factors here.

First, it wasn't a good restoration. ~34 seconds into the video shows old Bondo falling apart for example. Chances are it ended up with a Limo company and who knows what happened. You know it sat outside during the time with them too. That didn't help.

Then there's another factor... The 2012 pics show all the good stuff, the 2017 video shows the car a little more honestly, warts and all.

It would be a cool car to have, although very expensive to restore correctly.
Good observations.

Back