1957-61 Rear brake drums

Sixpactogo

Reaction score
I purchased a pair of drums from "Old Parts" on Ebay that claim to fit 57-59 Plymouth. My parts list shows 57-61 Chrysler cars with 11 X 2" brakes used PN 2200134-5 drum and hub. My problem is the replacement drums have a 3" hole whereas my factory drum has a 2.75" hole. My concern is with the gap between the hub and drum being a problem with keeping things centered.
Has anyone used these replacement drums? If so, any issues with just the studs keeping things centered? Here are a couple pics of the drum and hub

100_0438.JPG

100_0439.JPG

s-l1600.jpg

Here is your major problem --- these internet outfits frequently have items listed wrong --- or have incomplete listings....
And, in this case, that is what you have....

There are TWO (2) Brake Drums for this application --- for inboard and outboard mounted HUBS --- and you have the other one.....

They need to be snug as a bug in a rug --- you don't use that brake drum --- it is
WRONG --- and it can not be " fixed " --- you need the Correct Brake Drum....

I can go over the dimensions with you... P.M. me, as per forum rules, if interested... Craig......

Here is your major problem --- these internet outfits frequently have items listed wrong --- or have incomplete listings....
And, in this case, that is what you have....

There are TWO (2) Brake Drums for this application --- for inboard and outboard mounted HUBS --- and you have the other one.....

They need to be snug as a bug in a rug --- you don't use that brake drum --- it is
WRONG --- and it can not be " fixed " --- you need the Correct Brake Drum....

I can go over the dimensions with you... P.M. me, as per forum rules, if interested... Craig......
Thanks Craig. I contacted the seller of the drums in question. I am sending them back. PM on the way.

Sixpactogo,
If you want the correct ones Brand New --- let me know ---
I see you P.M.'ed me --- I will answer you there, also....

For those who are reading this thread --- there are two (2) different drums for this application, because of inboard mounted and outboard mounted HUBS......
Such that, the center hole diameter is 2 7/8 " vs. 3 1/8" --- and those measurements are CRITICAL......
One is 100 % correct, and the other is 100 % Wrong......

Craig.....

Back