1960 Dodge Dart Coming to a home near me!

Nice, I love the color, is it original? Why would someone order heater delete, especially in northern NY? One of these days I want to build me a 250 hp 225 slanty. Is it crooked in the frame, or is that an optical illusion?
Yup. That'z why it'z known az "THE LEANIN' TOWER OF POWER" ....And they're hard to break too

Well I figure that since I posted on the other forum last week about tin metal signs at Hobby Lobby I can post here too

I pulled the trigger on a 1960 Dodge 2dr sedan Seneca bare bones model that has a 225 6 cylinder 1bbl 3spd on the tree
Radio, clock, heater & side mirrors delete
I see it has an after market furnace but that's as fancy as it gets other than the original dog dishes
It's a complete car

It runs off a few squirts of gas down the throat of the single bbl carb and surprisingly smooth
Needs the typical stuff like battery tires, gas tank flushed, exhaust replaced plus and good going over.
Last on the road in 2009

It's been living in Seneca, NY on the Seneca reserve
I pick it up in a couple of weeks

View attachment 124285 View attachment 124286 View attachment 124287 View attachment 124288 View attachment 124289 View attachment 124290 View attachment 124291 View attachment 124292 View attachment 124293

Very very cool. Nice chrome and even the radiator cap is original. . . I think a Poly with a coupla four barrels would be a neat period-correct setup on that car.

All of Exnerz good stuff on the outside, and the leaning Tower of Power Plus Push Buttonz fer shifting too. Such ah WIN. Makez me drool jes thinkin' 'bout that Dart, Jer
This survivor is a 3spd on the tree my friend:thumbsup:
EVen more cooler would be push buttons.
It has all the blanks in place to convert

Nice, I love the color, is it original? Why would someone order heater delete, especially in northern NY? One of these days I want to build me a 250 hp 225 slanty. Is it crooked in the frame, or is that an optical illusion?
Its original colour with a possible repaint right rear for sure & passenger door
The engine sits correctly.even the dist cap is easy to get to with the generator on the open side of the block

Chatter on FaceBook is that this was a bait car for dealerships to get customers in the door at the base price of$2278.00
Slant 6 1bbl, 3spd on the tree, heater delete, radio, delete, clock delete.
No options at all! Bare bones! Not even a side mirror!!!

Last edited:
Very very cool. Nice chrome and even the radiator cap is original. . . I think a Poly with a coupla four barrels would be a neat period-correct setup on that car.
I Never noticed the rad cap.
Thanks for pointing that out:wideyed:

If you have a325 poly or better yet an old 331 hemi taking up garage space I'm willing to accept donations:D

Last edited:
NICE......... Congradulations on the score.
Now........ Tom, We need to talk. Ripping this car apart and swapping the power train would be a big mistake. This car has survived 56 years, intact. All it needs is a good cleaning and a gas tank. Then drive and enjoy.
It will attract more attention in original form then if it is modified. If you want to spend money, get the interior restored to original.
Just saying. It's a diamond now, don't turn it into another lump of coal. JMHO

Mr. fix it. Just to make sure you know. Their iz a serious /6 CLUB on this continent. Meaning that includez you and all our brotherz to the north. I waz a member starting in the early '80 before the 'puter took over. I expect they STILL Have ah monthly full size newz letter in all it'z colored glory, And more then likely many of the same members az back then, and on the "Puter now az well az Face Book. Pull 'um up on Web Search. Jes thought you'd like to know They were and are ah Great bunch, Jer

Now........ Tom, We need to talk. Ripping this car apart and swapping the power train would be a big mistake. This car has survived 56 years, intact. All it needs is a good cleaning and a gas tank. Then drive and enjoy.
It will attract more attention in original form then if it is modified. If you want to spend money, get the interior restored to original.
I agree. I am just having some fun with the guys here.
I'm getting it running and cleaning the rest of the interior once the floors are fixed
Making a runner out of it then putting some miles on it

Heck I'm trying to figure out how to mount a side mirror without drilling any holes :rolleyes:
This is how original I plan on keeping this diamond

Heck I'm trying to figure out how to mount a side mirror without drilling any holes :rolleyes:
This is how original I plan on keeping this diamond

A clamp on peep mirror, like would have been done back then. I'd post a pic, but the site isn't letting me right now.

edit... different browser is letting me

peep2.jpg

Last edited:
Its original colour with a possible repaint right rear for sure & passenger door
The engine sits correctly.even the dist cap is easy to get to with the generator on the open side of the block

Chatter on FaceBook is that this was a bait car for dealerships to get customers in the door at the base price of$2278.00
Slant 6 1bbl, 3spd on the tree, heater delete, radio, delete, clock delete.
No options at all! Bare bones! Not even a side mirror!!!
There waz ah time back "IN THOSE DAYZ" That $ could be saved by ordering a Standard transmission in stead of an Automatic. The 3 on ah tree and the 3rd peddle doesn't surprise me the way this Beauty waz specked out with the other deletez. Even makes it more interesting with that combo,. A real ODD BALL CAR... FWIW, Driver training carz still had Standard transmissions and THREE peddlez on both sidez of the front seat into the mid '50'z. Hell, we even had to learn the three possession hand signals out the driverz door window RAIN OR SHINE to pass the course? Yeah I'm that old, Jer lol

Bought my first aftermarket accessory for the Seneca today
It matches perfectly!!! Well almost...
IMG_2413.JPG

IMG_2212.JPG

Back