crv

Reaction score
My all-time favourite Imperial, ebay listing:
1960 Chrysler Imperial Lebaron | eBay
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

What's your opinion on this one @saforwardlook?

It is a very good example of a Le Baron, and the seller was wise enough to even mount new wide white walls on the car to really show off its potential. I really like the colors too - best available that year, IMO.
Yes, it has some water accumulation in the doors apparently, but given where it is, pretty much in a desert environment, it should be pretty rust free overall for one of these examples. It also looks pretty complete, making restoration much easier. It even has power vent windows, but to my dismay, especially given where it is at least now located, no a/c. To me, a Le Baron should have a/c. But in terms of restoration it means less complexity too, so if you don't need it where you live, then all the better for you.

I ended up selling all my 1960 Imperials to a friend in Northern California who can now give them the attention they deserve. He got all the parts I was scrounging over some 15 year for the restorations he plans as well. It was hard to see them go, but I felt they would have a better future than I could give them given how many other cars I want to do. He got 6 of them from me plus a ton of near and nos parts.

I agree with you, this is overall a spectacular example. I hope you decide to give it the new life it deserves.

Good luck!

Back