1960 Plymouth fury electrical problems!!

Reflector..... Yes.

relay is for the power windows. My 61 Fury has that in the same location.

I did a ebay search and there are several original and reproduction, as well as CD service manuals for 60 Dodge listed.

Epic 60 Fury rebuild here. Been binge watching Cold War Motors since Christmas. I'd love to hang with these guys. Lots of practical little lessons of how to fix some of the little things on these cars.

Reflector..... Yes.

relay is for the power windows. My 61 Fury has that in the same location.

I did a ebay search and there are several original and reproduction, as well as CD service manuals for 60 Dodge listed.
Thank you very much for the info! Much appreciated.

Epic 60 Fury rebuild here. Been binge watching Cold War Motors since Christmas. I'd love to hang with these guys. Lots of practical little lessons of how to fix some of the little things on these cars.

Awesome thank you!

Looking at the '60 Dodge FSM wiring diagram, that looks to me to be the circuit breaker for the window lift (the one with all the wires attached) and I'm not sure what the other breaker is for. Here's where the Plymouth and Dodge may be different, but my bet would be that it's the cigar lighter. The black wire is the feed from the battery.

The small "orange" light I believe is a reflector, was probably red at one point in it's life.

I think another thing that may really help is the owner's manual. That would be the little book that came in the glove box with the car when it was new. Most of us take this stuff for granted, but we also call it a hood and not a bonnet, if you know what I mean... So I found this. 1960 Plymouth Owners Manual This should increase your level of what I like to call "system knowledge".

I'd try to find a paper version (eBay etc.) because it kind of "completes" the car, but this will help you in the meantime.

I've spent some time at Scott's place, helped work on his SM a few times...spent a day at Coyote auto salvage with Scott and Justin (agent 024)

Later I donated my basket case '59 Nash Metro to the cold Wars lot.

I have a 60 fury 2 dr HT. I currently have crank windows but am planning to move to automatic. I know many of the aftermarket power window sets have that small gear witch fastens to the end of the giant gear that is part of the regulator. Though mine has an internal gear cut out of the regulator as well that is just a circular gear whole. What could this have possibly been for. It doesn't make any sense to me. If anyone out there has a 2dr HT and would like to help me with how some things are I would greatly appreciate it.

Screenshot 2021-04-20 133818.png

Back