1960 Windsor dial exhaust

John leder

Reaction score
Want to order dual exhaust from waldrons in michigan. My car had a single exhaust. Does anybody out there have a 60 Windsor with factory duals that can give me the manifold casting #'s to compare mine to?
they think their pipes will fit but no guarantee and said to use casting #'s to find if their pipes will fit both dual and single exhaust manifolds(same casting# on both single and duals)
thanks

Welcome......nice car.

Pictures would help. Plus we want to see your beautiful Forward Look. LOL!

Want to order dual exhaust from waldrons in michigan. My car had a single exhaust. Does anybody out there have a 60 Windsor with factory duals that can give me the manifold casting #'s to compare mine to?
they think their pipes will fit but no guarantee and said to use casting #'s to find if their pipes will fit both dual and single exhaust manifolds(same casting# on both single and duals)
thanks

:sSig_greetingsthor: ........... :welcome:
A 60 Windsor ....... Sounds nice.
The casting numbers are on the side of your manifolds and should be easy to see. Sometimes a pencil and paper rubbing will help. A factory parts book might be a good addition to your library also.

More info would help. And pictures are almost manditory here. We like pictures.

Will.

Only engine available was a 383.

I agree, although in 1959 and 1960 there was an RB383 which was only used on the mighty Windsor and Saratoga models.

I have a service manual which shows the PC1 ( Windsor ) with a single or dual exhaust system with no mention of any difference in exhaust manifold design or orientation. Maybe the dual system is a direct 'bolt in' replacement ?

I agree, although in 1959 and 1960 there was an RB383 which was only used on the mighty Windsor and Saratoga models.

I have a service manual which shows the PC1 ( Windsor ) with a single or dual exhaust system with no mention of any difference in exhaust manifold design or orientation. Maybe the dual system is a direct 'bolt in' replacement ?

I wouldn't assume that and would confirm before buying. There is a 1/2" difference between a "B" and "RB" engine and the exhaust won't interchange.
You might check with TTI. They tend to be very through with their ordering system.

http://www.ttiexhaust.com/

Thanks that's helpful
the car has the rb 383 (now389) with a RV cam and larger 550cfm 2barrel
still need to get the drivetrain installed-trans driveshaft in, brakes, starter, need a water pump pulley and fan. Had lots missing but seeing the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. Have trouble with pics
put a few on the photo sitephoto site

Chrysler "may" have had different exhaust manifolds for the 383 and the RB383, but they certainly wouldn't have had different manifolds for the same engine with or without dual exhaust. In this time period virtually every engine that was offered as a 2bbl/single exhaust and also offered as a 4v/dual exhaust got what was called the "Power Pak" option. It simply consisted of the different carbs, intakes and a set of twice pipes. The factory got to make good money off of selling it, and the car owner "thought" he was getting something special. Same heads, same cams, not much HP difference.

Back