For Sale 1961 1962 Imperial Convertible 3 Cars $3500

Status
Not open for further replies.

58Desoto

Reaction score
Contact seller
Never gonna get to these projects. 3 car package deal. 1962 Imperial convertible with top, mostly complete, needs full restoration and some rust repair (rust in floors and quarters) 1961 Imperial convertible, only 1/2 of the car is present, has data tag but no VIN tag. 1 of 19 cars specialty built for the Shirner's (had a pink convertible top) 1961 Imperial 4 door parts car, California car with motor that turns, has good floors, pretty nice dash, no doors. Would be a good parts car for either one. Was going to build the 61. 62 is restorable car. $3500 for all 3. Located in Bakersfield, CA. Will trade.

20210504_190854.jpg

20210504_191354.jpg

20210504_191250.jpg

20210504_191024.jpg

Cars are sitting at a friend's place who was going to work on them but never did. Been 5 years, given up on the project.

Does the 61 vert half ,have a motor also?
I would be interested in the 61 413 motor trans if they are 61 R41 motors that turn over? If you would separate?

Each car has a motor, there are 3 motors. But I'm only selling whole, not parting out.

Too bad they are in the condition that they are in and the years they are. Demographics point to a certain group where these cars would have an impact in memory and in seeing on the road back then. However, that group is much older now and while I like to restore cars the days of me taking an entire car apart, restore everything, and put it back together are over. Time would involve years into my 70s. Lots of work and I am only interested in medium work at most. I'd much rather kick back, drive, and enjoy what I have.

A couple of years ago maybe but my attitude has changed. I was just out back on a patio chair, under the speckled shade of a Japanese maple, on a sunny 75 degree California morning, drinking my coffee, and thinking I could lay here every day like this as it is so peaceful and relaxing vs. being under a car welding. Even my switch over from a single pot to dual master in my F100, with some new brake lines, is taking months. Not hard but on some Wednesdays and Sundays I just don't feel like it.

Last edited:
The years they are? I'm afraid you don't know what you are looking at. Both 1961 and 62 Imperial convertibles are a very desirable and valuable car. There are still plenty of people taking on restoration projects but these cars will probably end up in Sweden. The 61 is the car that should get built. There are maybe a few dozen of those cars in existence.

Well there is what the seller thinks and there is what the other side thinks. Many times the two sides don't match and if it does it maybe a 100,000 in 1. Besides one person already gave up and you aren't even taking on your own cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back