NOT MINE 1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer - 2dr Hardtop with D500 Performance Package - "Good condition" - Tukwila, WA

marty mopar

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Tempe AZ (hotter than a turd on a frypan)
For sale on Facebook: 1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer 2-door Hardtop in Tukwila, WA - $19,950 - Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1357031698224448/-1961-Dodge-Dart-Pioneer

Seller's Description:
1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer 2-door Hardtop
  • Good condition
  • Driven 107,000 miles
  • Manual transmission
  • Exterior color: Black · Interior color: Silver
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems
1961 was the last year that the D500 was offered as a performance up grade by Dodge. There were a few packages to choose from and this particular one was assembled by the factory and delivered to the company motor pool in June of '61. Built in LA it was equipped with the early closed crankcase PCV system as newly mandated by Ca.
The engine is the "Dart D500" and is a 361 HP block, 4bbl Carter AFB and dual exhaust. The drive train is an A745 3sp manual, newly installed slip yoke driveshaft connected to an 8 3/4 3:31 geared PowerLok rear end. Very clean rust free car. The only real rust issue was the rear window channel and that has been repaired. Brand new NOS interior seats. NOS sourced rubber mat carpet as was original to this car. Headliner is nearly perfect and presentable door panels. The newest addition to the car is the period correct DP61 floor shift package made by the Campbell/Hurst company. I've also installed a Dixco tachometer that was made here in Washington in the late fifties early sixties before they relocated to Denver. Sticking with the period correct look I went with BF Goodrich 8.00x14 bias ply tires.
Please feel free to reach out and ask any questions, offers gladly accepted and considered if within reason.
Youtube:

Now I have the money but no place to put it. This looks amazing. BTW my dad had one of these new that year...a 4 door plain Jane company car.
Too young to appreciate the funk in this design. Somebody needs to buy this thing!

image.png.75b92bc46339d0ce7b89a6d8a598ac8a.png

Back