1961 Dodge Phoenix

Jeff

Reaction score
I don't know if this counts as Forward Look, but they are not often seen, especially sitting out in the rain in February. Revision: maybe it's a Dart?
20170204_134205.jpg

Gosh, its a Polara, not a Dart. Is it for sale? I would consider buying it if it is for sale. I wonder if the engine is still in it since it is pretty high in the front, but then why what seems to be a battery charger on it? More detail please!

I don't know anything about the car. My daughter is learning how to drive, and I made her do her first three-point turn so I could take a picture of it.

Bummer for us...Great for him, hahaha.... I love it and I'm glad it's in good hands! Wish I'd have found it!

I saw one not long ago while I was in N. Georgia, at a gas station, an older gentleman owned it and we chatted about it and he invited me to sit in the driver's seat, and my gosh what a comfortable car it was. Everything about it seemed to be well-designed.

Those are some of my favorites. I'd love to get the wagon in that body. I've only ever seen one.

I’ve always loved these cars. I believe the Dart came in three levels, Pioneer, Seneca, and Phoenix. The Polara was separate model although it looked almost identical to the Phoenix but had the different tail lights. Oddly, all wagons Dart or Polara had the Polara tail lights.

My mother had a Dart ? back in the day, sadly no pictures. Wish I had that car now.

I read somewhere that the optional brake lights on the Dart were all dealer installed because the Dart taillights were so small. I don’t remember if the article said they were a recall or simply a late model year option because of complaints.
60 dart without optional lights.jpg
60 dart with optional lights.jpg

Does anyone else have any info on this? Just curious.

I’ve always loved these cars. I believe the Dart came in three levels, Pioneer, Seneca, and Phoenix. The Polara was separate model although it looked almost identical to the Phoenix but had the different tail lights. Oddly, all wagons Dart or Polara had the Polara tail lights.

My mother had a Dart ? back in the day, sadly no pictures. Wish I had that car now.

I read somewhere that the optional brake lights on the Dart were all dealer installed because the Dart taillights were so small. I don’t remember if the article said they were a recall or simply a late model year option because of complaints. View attachment 115501View attachment 115502

Does anyone else have any info on this? Just curious.

I love these cars too!

Back