1961 fury for sale ( not mine)

sb61fury

Reaction score
I know of a 1961 plymouth fury that will be going up for sale. The Car is in storage until April. I will post photos and if you are interested let me know and I will message the owners Widow on facebook The car is a 318 with Power Steering , power brakes and added on under dash AC

Jeff's '61 2.jpg

jeff's 61.jpg

As most of us are aware, this car--in its day--was not considered attractive. That front end, even with time, is perhaps an acquired taste. But I think the side and rear views are sleek and elegant; the very picture of space age confidence. I'd love one on the drive!

As most of us are aware, this car--in its day--was not considered attractive. That front end, even with time, is perhaps an acquired taste. But I think the side and rear views are sleek and elegant; the very picture of space age confidence. I'd love one on the drive!

I agree 100%...that side view is amazing and the rear views are very nice as well.The front end design somehow has made a comeback on some new Lexus SUV and looks just as odd now as it probably did then.

A face only a mother could love. That front end always looks like it's pissed off!

But I still like them.

I was 8 then, what would I know 'bout cars. Dad worked for American Motors and drove a Rambler!
Did a lot of Interstate traveling back then going to sleep in the back seat listening to the rear end & tire noise and thump thump of the Interstate Highways.

There was a story of a dealerships telling the salesmen or salesmen telling customers “you ride on the inside of the car not on the outside of the car” reason being because everyone thought the 61 Plymouth’s were so hideous.

OK Forward look owners I heard from the widow of the owner of this '61 fury and the son of the late owner is getting the car so its definetly not for sale any more so the car is staying in the family in stead of going to down the road to another owner

Back