1962- 3 new yorker or newport-. BUT I have never owned a C body, Came close once when newbi here!

barbee6043

Reaction score
OK so I have been up to my armpits in Mopar since 85 but I have never owned a C body! Now I have this urge at age 70 ! YESI have lived to this age. ( God must have been willing)....
I degress. I have the desire to get a 62-3 Newport or New Yorker project. OK so I like the funky style, it goes with my 62 RoadToad.
I look on this site and I see NO ONE foolng with these! SO that is good, they are cheap enough no doubt !!!!
I guess I am correct assuming they are too radical for most. Most C body guys want LUXURY!????????
I am doing the car for me I car less what it is worth when done. When I am done, someone else can cash it is!!?? Right????
So what's p with th early C bodies like I mention. I do not all them slab sided!!!!!!!!

I own one... '62 300 Sport Convertible....413, No P.S. or P.B. leather interior and factory 3 speed on the floor.

100_0391.JPG

Welcome. Technically, the full-size Chryslers products are not a C Body until 1965.

I think that you are interested in the '63-'64 Chryslers and the '62 vs. the '63 are totally different. There are 5 of these cars on eBay right now although most are the more desirable 300 model. Check this one out.

1964 Chrysler 300 Series 300 K | eBay

Welcome. Technically, the full-size Chryslers products are not a C Body until 1965.

I think that you are interested in the '63-'64 Chryslers and the '62 vs. the '63 are totally different. There are 5 of these cars on eBay right now although most are the more desirable 300 model. Check this one out.

1964 Chrysler 300 Series 300 K | eBay

Nice mostly original '64. Seller should have listed if it was a cross ram car or not. Makes a big difference in the value. As far as a '62 versus '63-64, that is largely a matter of personal choice. The '62 and later units have the modern torqueFlite transmission which is easier and cheaper to rebuild than the older cast iron units.

Dave

Last edited:
It even has a period correct Airguide tach, nice.

The previous owner owned a Chrysler dealership in Ely Nevada and died so his widow eventually sold everything. I left certain things like the tachometer and his front plate bracket from the dealership.

Nice mostly original '64. Seller should have listed if it was a cross ram car or not. Makes a big difference in the value. As far as a '62 versus '63-64, that is largely a matter of personal choice. The '62 and later units have the modern torqueFlite transmission which is easier and cheaper to rebuild than the older cast iron units.

Dave

So what are the big 62, 0R 63-4 cars called? The 622-3 reminds me a lot of the styling of the 62 Lancer I have ( wife loves the sucker!!).

So what are the big 62, 0R 63-4 cars called? The 622-3 reminds me a lot of the styling of the 62 Lancer I have ( wife loves the sucker!!).

They are technically "D" body cars. C bodies have a front stub/sub frame that unbolts from the body. D bodies don't.

I will look up in allpar. I love learning about mopar models I never have had the pleasure to own/work on>

They are technically "D" body cars. C bodies have a front stub/sub frame that unbolts from the body. D bodies don't.

D-body means Imperials with the full frame (60-66, I´m not sure about what 55-59 are) so Chryslers from pre-65 cannot be included into them.

Back