1962 Chrysler newport four door sedan

AngelCalderon

Reaction score
Hello my name is Angel Calderon I am 25 from new jersey , thank you for allowing me to join the group. I have a 1962 Chrysler newport four door sedan that I have been slowing restoring for the past 4 year's. This is my first classic car and I am a beginner but on the bright side I am mechanically inclined and I've worked at a couple body shops and learned a decent amount. I have to repair the floor on the driver and passanger side near the frame bolt's and I am going to repair it. I was wondering how to get the body off of the frame thank you.

Front subframe held on with 4 bolts, the rears are visible in the posted photos. The fronts are seen under hood, a large stantion is welded to the firewall and goes down to the subframe.

Not that simple to remove the subframe. Everything is mounted to it. Core support, engine, exhaust, steering box/column/pump, torsion bars trans crossmember.

9F754623-1703-4993-ADD3-C7A16B41EC17.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m currently swapping these sub frames on 62 Chryslers. There is much work involved.
Pulling steering columns is not easy work with motor in.
I would remove seat and carpet
Cut out affected area.
Weld in replacement piece. Done!
Big M auto in Williams California has many 60-64
Parts cars and should have the body mount metal.
I have to replace the same area on a 61 Plymouth soon. Will post pics when I do.

837106F4-63F6-44BE-AA78-5EDBE3037966.jpeg

32422990-5FC8-4F7F-AB9A-2839AA85DBAD.jpeg

I’m currently swapping these sub frames on 62 Chryslers. There is much work involved.
Pulling steering columns is not easy work with motor in.
I would remove seat and carpet
Cut out affected area.
Weld in replacement piece. Done!
Big M auto in Williams California has many 60-64
Parts cars and should have the body mount metal.
I have to replace the same area on a 61 Plymouth soon. Will post pics when I do.

View attachment 560846

View attachment 560847
Thank you so much I will be contacting them next week your the man!

Thank you sir I love the diagram and the knowledge you were a great help.
Front subframe held on with 4 bolts, the rears are visible in the posted photos. The fronts are seen under hood, a large stantion is welded to the firewall and goes down to the subframe.

Not that simple to remove the subframe. Everything is mounted to it. Core support, engine, exhaust, steering box/column/pump, torsion bars trans crossmember.

View attachment 560821

Back