1962 New Yorker... New member

soon2be1

Reaction score
Hello all, new to this forum and just picked up a one family 1962 Chrysler New Yorker... 62,500 original miles and got it for a steal!!!

Need to find out what fits on this beast...
All below needs to be replaced along with a few things I would like to change

Rear springs and shocks
Front torsion bars and shocks
Brakes (want a disc conversion if it exists)
hood!
power steering and A/C

I deploy in a couple weeks for about 9 months and will be collecting parts along the way... let me know what you know.

Thank you,

Brandon

Here is how I bought here, family she came from did some "hot rod" looks stuff but nothing more than looks... big plans for this beaut.
DSC00132.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for your service!!!
images

That's a beautiful NY'er!!!

Welcome aboard. Will love to watch your progress on your New Yorker!!

Looking at your service record.. Very interesting. Tell us more.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice car. I assume what was done to the hood is not reversable?
My Imperial came from your neck of the woods and is virtually rustfree and silver too!

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice car. I assume what was done to the hood is not reversable?
My Imperial came from your neck of the woods and is virtually rustfree and silver too!

A good body man can fix it. Hopefully he didn't cut a hole in the hood.

Welcome Aboard and thanks for your service. I really like the wide grille and offset headlights on the early New Yorkers

My intent is to find a replacement hood, I know good luck. she came factory with the 413 and A/C.

I appreciate the service support. I leave in a couple weeks fro deployment and will be saving to start playing with her. I don't plan on keeping it original but noting going to make a chop job out of her.

Flats vintage burgundy metallic with all chrome trim and bumpers to be gloss black. Engine, maybe new heads but really looking at cam, manifold/carb and cleaning up the old stuff...

Really need to re do the suspension and convert to disc, if that possible with out braking the bank...

Thank you again,

Brandon

Sweet ride, I'm a newbie too. These guys can supply you with alot of great info. Thank You for your service to your Country!

Back