1963 Imperial heater buttons not working

moparfreak77

Reaction score
I just bought this car and know nothing about it. When the car is running, nothing happens when I flip through the heater buttons. I am scared to know how this thing works. Any advice/writeup on this before I get in over my head? Also most of the power windows dont work but i think that will be easier to figure out. Thanks

There is a plastic pushbutton switch located behind the pushbuttons that has probably deteriorated. The operating cams in those pretty much disintegrate after many years and will likely need replacing. They are usually moderately expensive and can often be found on Ebay, for example (around $175). I would start there and make sure all the wires leading to the switch and all the vacuum hoses that control the blend doors are hooked up properly and in good condition. Investing in a factory service manual will be an important investment to make for someone new to these cars.

There is a plastic pushbutton switch located behind the pushbuttons that has probably deteriorated. The operating cams in those pretty much disintegrate after many years and will likely need replacing. They are usually moderately expensive and can often be found on Ebay, for example (around $175). I would start there and make sure all the wires leading to the switch and all the vacuum hoses that control the blend doors are hooked up properly and in good condition. Investing in a factory service manual will be an important investment to make for someone new to these cars.
thank you.

Back