1963 Pace Setter Steering Wheel

FWD Look Fan

Reaction score
This is a tough one. I'm looking for a square/oval steering wheel with horn rim compatible with my 1963 Pace Setter.
This is all I have found after a lot of searching -- (picture attached). It's the wrong color but the right shape, but I can live with that.
I've had no response from the poster as this sales offer is years old.
Any leads, help, contacts, rumors, etc. appreciated.
Thanks, folks,
Chris

Oval Steering Wheel.jpg

To the best of my knowledge that style / shape steering wheel was the standard offering on all 1963-64 Chryslers.

Attached is a picture from the 1963 Chrysler brochure showing the steering wheel.

Should be able to locate one. Though if it has to be a specific color or emblem on horn ring for the pacesetter convertibles than that maybe more difficult or require painting.

A6D3657F-403F-4820-A53B-4146F9D1D285.jpeg

I believe the round wheel was standard on Newports; the oval wheel would have been optional on Chryslers. The Imperial wheel is different.
1964-newport_wheel.jpg

I have a red one from a 63 imperial.
I've been told that the Imperials had a larger diameter spline than the Chryslers, and the steering wheels aren't compatible. I don't know if this is true or not. Thanks for your reply. I'll keep up the hunt.
Chris

I have this, but there are a LOT of pits EVERYWHERE. Hard to see in the pictures. No steering wheel. I have a few more parts too, chrome tail light housings, headlight mounting hardware, some other trim, and have access to a 63 newport in a junkyard. If you have interest, let me know. Condition is not very good, so I can understand if you wish to pass. You can make an offer if you wish. I do not log in every day so , no rush. thanks

100_1417.JPG

100_1418.JPG

100_1419.JPG

100_1420.JPG

100_1421.JPG

100_1422.JPG

100_1423.JPG

Center section is very dirty, on the inside. Just keep in mind, lots of pits. thanks

Thanks for your post. I'm looking for the wheel and the horn rim both. If I find a wheel without the horn rim, I'll be in touch.
Thanks again.
- Chris

Thanks for your post. I'm looking for the wheel and the horn rim both. If I find a wheel without the horn rim, I'll be in touch.
Thanks again.
- Chris
You should start a Parts Wanted thread. That's how we do it here when looking for parts.

Back