1964 Chrysler 300 Window Motor

croderique

Reaction score
I have a 1964 Chrysler 300 Convertible with electric windows. I see some threads about 1965 and other years window motors. None will fit a 64. The issue is the Drivers side motor. The wheel inside the motor is broken. I have contacted Dorman and looked trough their website, but no replacement is available. Any other ideas? Where can I get a gear or replacement motor? See the pics attached.
Thanks, Chuck
1964 Chry 300 Drivers Motor Lift.jpg
1964 Chry 300 Drivers Motor.jpg

I'd call this man. Very knowledgeable. I've used his service to rebuild electric headlight door motors. He can probably point you in the direction of that gear.
Jeff Woods
6882 CR 283
Terrell, TX 75160
214-755-0332 left message
[email protected]

If you need a whole motor, you could try Desert Valley Auto Parts or these guys
Wildcat Auto Wrecking | Mopar Parts | Classic Car Dealer
They only deal in Chrysler corp cars and parts

Thanks I’ll contact him. I have already contacted Wildcat and they were no help. In looking at the parts catalog, it shows all all 4 windows are the same parts and the same parts for the Plymouth and Imperial. Also I tried Desert Valley Auto Parts here in Phoenix. So I will try Wildcat and DVAP again.

I have a 1964 Chrysler 300 Convertible with electric windows. I see some threads about 1965 and other years window motors. None will fit a 64. The issue is the Drivers side motor. The wheel inside the motor is broken. I have contacted Dorman and looked trough their website, but no replacement is available. Any other ideas? Where can I get a gear or replacement motor? See the pics attached.
Thanks, ChuckView attachment 552882View attachment 552883
First I thought that looks like a heater blower motor to me. Then thinking about it, the heater motor won't have the reversing wiring. So that got me thinking more (which is dangerous) and given that I've seen a lot of parallels with FoMoCo stuff, it's makes some sense that maybe the Fords might share motors.

Power Window Motor/ Door

1660866952955.png

That's kind of pricey, but some searching might dig up a used one or at least a better price.

Thanks. The motor maybe ok, and if not, I can have it rebuilt locally. It’s the broken gear I need to replace.
Chuck

Thanks. The motor maybe ok, and if not, I can have it rebuilt locally. It’s the broken gear I need to replace.
Chuck
Sorry, should have read your post better.

I just read it quick and was going to go on to the next thread and then thought a little and went down the rabbit hole for the motor.

I have a head with broken mounting points but good gears. It looks like the small pinion gear is pressed into the big drive gear. Not sure if that will press out ok, to be able to remove the drive gear? If not, you need a whole head. $25.00 plus shipping. Send me a Pm if interested. Thanks

20220818_180055.jpg20220818_180135.jpg20220818_180200.jpg

Yes these motors are hard to find. I am still looking for 2 for my 63 New Yorker. so i will follow this .

I would be interested if they fit the 64 Chrysler. My pax side window is frozen now.

I didn’t take out the drivers side, it was laying in the trunk when I bought the car. So I can’t figure out the pax window, how to get the glass out, it is stick 1/2 way, nor the power motor / gear, or the window regulator.
Do you have to pull the vent window also?
Remove all bolts for the regulator with the the motor attached?
I have the Shop manual and it is no help. I have searched the forums and YouTube.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Chuck

Send me a message and I will give anyone his contact# He also has switches and misc. other c body items. Thanks

Back