1964 Chrysler 300k rocker panel rust

Reaction score
So, Im thinking this is going to be the biggest problem to tackle on my 300k. I purchased this car with a great 2-tone paint job and for the most part the body is in great shape. HOWEVER, a lot of rust bubbles are forming under the paint on the rocker panels. I'm assuming the previous owner did not do the proper body work under this paint job.

Now, whats my options as far as fixing this issue? I tried looking for direct replacement rockers online but could not find any for this car. Unfortunately a donor car to cut from is probably out of the question(A. way to hard to find and B. Id have no where to store a whole parts car)

Universal panels? Other models that would fit the 2dr 300k(120" wheel base)? Patch work(Im not very knowledgeable on rust repair).

As always thanks guys! Will post pictures later

Here's the passenger side, you can see the bubbles

Screenshot_20200817-062357_Gallery.jpg

I had the same problem on my 300J. I don't know for sure what year was used, but patch panels were cut out of a GM pickup bed with similar contours. Most likely 1970's or 1980's.

Try googling "Real Steel" products. They specialize in older Forward Look body panels.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The 60-64 coupe ply,dodge,Chryslers all seem to have the rust out problem from the door jam back. There are no repops available. The main rocker will work from a 4dr,but will have to cut down a little. I actually have the door jam on back on a 63 coupe parts car. UnfortunatelyI'm going to be using it on a 61 fury to the dog leg area.
I'm not certain,but I believe this area is same on 60-64 to the dog leg

Back