1964 Chrysler Grill emblem

angus66

Reaction score
Looking for a little help here. I can't find a really good picture of the "three crowns" grill emblem for the 1964 model year of the Chrysler New Yorker. As I suspect those associated with these cars know, most of the inserts for these fell out a long time ago. I am in the process of making a 3D printed replacement but I can't find a really good picture on the googler. If you have one and could post a good pic I'd appreciate it. Again, like the highly controversial grommets project, I'll share the drafting files with the forum when I am done.

This is the best I've got.
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 3.33.10 PM.png

Not my car but...keep looking at these car's for sale...most of those ad's especially ones at famous dealerships or auctions sites like Bring A Trailer or some such have treasures of reference photos....that's how I get a lot of my reference photos for my art...
IMG_2622-1200x900.jpg
IMG_2635-1200x900.jpg
IMG_2618-1200x900.jpg

also yeah hopefully a member here will post an awesome photo..

this one should be a decent start for a vector template...it's the same image..as the first picture I put up in the my above post, but I just messed with it a bit on my Phone..
IMG_7003 2.jpg

Hi Angus, I believe I have both front and back emblems on my '64 4 door parts car, I am in Calgary so if you want to scan the real deal I beleave I could help.

Hi Angus, I believe I have both front and back emblems on my '64 4 door parts car, I am in Calgary so if you want to scan the real deal I beleave I could help.
I think I have a pretty good cut on the emblem - just need to order the right color PLA to finish it up. I have done a few test prints and I have the right fit. I just need the right colors. Love your car. I was just drooling over it over on the paint thread. Can't believe that car is in Calgary! Power seats are a nice option. I am retrofitting Power windows into mine as I have a 77 Chrysler 2-door hardtop that I drive almost exclusively with the windows down and I hate rolling them up. Regardless of the emblem project. I'd love to stop by and take a look at your car - snap some pics. I need some close-up pics of the vinyl roof too as mine has been sacrificed to 60 Canadian summers. Thanks for posting.
Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 8.59.34 AM.png

I think I have a pretty good cut on the emblem - just need to order the right color PLA to finish it up. I have done a few test prints and I have the right fit. I just need the right colors. Love your car. I was just drooling over it over on the paint thread. Can't believe that car is in Calgary! Power seats are a nice option. I am retrofitting Power windows into mine as I have a 77 Chrysler 2-door hardtop that I drive almost exclusively with the windows down and I hate rolling them up. Regardless of the emblem project. I'd love to stop by and take a look at your car - snap some pics. I need some close-up pics of the vinyl roof too as mine has been sacrificed to 60 Canadian summers. Thanks for posting. View attachment 440003
H
I think I have a pretty good cut on the emblem - just need to order the right color PLA to finish it up. I have done a few test prints and I have the right fit. I just need the right colors. Love your car. I was just drooling over it over on the paint thread. Can't believe that car is in Calgary! Power seats are a nice option. I am retrofitting Power windows into mine as I have a 77 Chrysler 2-door hardtop that I drive almost exclusively with the windows down and I hate rolling them up. Regardless of the emblem project. I'd love to stop by and take a look at your car - snap some pics. I need some close-up pics of the vinyl roof too as mine has been sacrificed to 60 Canadian summers. Thanks for posting. View attachment 440003

Hi Angus, I would be stoked if you would like to come by, I'm retired so I have a pretty wide open schedule..lol. I will pm you with a ph. Number if I can figure out how to do that, I'm in the SW.

That's cool

I am also looking for a 1964 NYer grille medallion. Would you be interested in making more than one? Probably a lot of us are missing that part!
Thanks

Art

Cheers. When I get the emblems to a point I’m happy with them, I’ll put the files out (to those who want to print their own) to the community and finished versions out at my cost (for those who don’t want to print their own). Stay tuned.

Back