1964 Imperial LeBaron four-door hardtop

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://www.artandspeed.com/details.php?id=61

Dealer sale, he has some very nice inventory there! Saw the Imperial, thought I'd post it. Cool ride.

$17,900.

2450_e790c7934d_low_res.jpg

I'd rather read an ad like that, than something that says "for sale, Imperial, runs. PH:XXX-XXXX"

Uncommon yet handsome color combo. '64 was a beautiful design, the way the angles all work. 18k for a pampered original LeBaron seems fair...more pics would be helpful.

Lost me when it mentioned the car owned by Thurston Howell..seriously beautiful car that snapped Imperial forward in '64.

The change in styling from '63 to '64 was nothing short of startling! I love both styles, but the '64 especially is a beautiful example of Imperial design.

161043-1-large.jpg

018.JPG

Last edited:
Okay I am honestly confused and its not the first time. Looking at your 63 picture it has 60 fins and back and 63 front end? It is not a 63.

04.jpg

and the 1963 which Engel cut off the fins...

08.jpg

Lost me when it mentioned the car owned by Thurston Howell..seriously beautiful car that snapped Imperial forward in '64.

He played on TV's Gilligan's Island as Thurston Howell III....

thurston.jpg

I think I saw that red convertible on the hemmings site. The owner said it was a type of resto- mod that combined both years. I think it looks great

I think I saw that red convertible on the hemmings site. The owner said it was a type of resto- mod that combined both years. I think it looks great

Thank you..I was just searching to see if was a 61 export that combined a 61 front and 60 back end. Lots of examples of Chrysler combining years to use up existing inventory of body parts but the side trim is clearly from a 63 so your post makes the most sense. Very well done mule.

1978NYB....yes I know who Thurston Howell III(Jim Backus) was...just my failed attempt at humor by creating the perfect time period fictional owner to faux bump car value.

No again sorry..got the point and knew the answer just thought it would be fun to toss out a doppleganger.

The 1960 and 1963 cars look close enough to make the point for my example...sorry it was NOT an exact 1963 example for you.

The 1960 and 1963 cars look close enough to make the point for my example...sorry it was NOT an exact 1963 example for you.

Patrick66 you were half right and I had never seen that 63/60 Imperial ever. This is a forum for car conversation and for those interested it was cool to dig and find out what it was..why be touchy about it? Below it a 1959 Canadian Plodge(dodge) that combines the front end of a 59 Dodge and the backend of a 59 Plymouth..thought it might have been another mix and match export.

IMG_1806.jpg

IMG_1806.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back