1965 Chrysler 300L Convertable 4-Spd

It was a quick sale. I'm stationed on the other coast, so it was hard to be involved. I wanted 20k, but my bottom line was 15k and my father wanted it out of his garage. I could of got a few grand more... It was a decent price I got. I never really put any time into selling it, between the Navy and my wife I have no time. The car does need a lot of work. Ill get more pic soon.

Could you please ask the new owner to join us here at FCBO when you get a chance?

Could you ask the new owner to contact us at the Chrysler 300 Club International. The other poster was correct they only made 12 of them as I have one. We know of a few more and keep a data base of all the letter cars. What does your car have as far as options? mine does not have air, and it is the same color as yours but with a black leather interior.

The production number I had was 12, possible 14 4-spd 300 L convertibles.

At $15K, I believe it was a very good deal,...well bought.

When Chryslerwas getting into trouble in the early seventy's one of the Chrysler guys at Jefferson assembly whose job was to clean out and sell off items to raise cash for the company, came across all the IBM build cards for the Letter car Series 1955-65. He knew of our club as we were founded in 1972. Those records were transferred to the 300 Club International and reside in a safety deposit box in control of a director and one of the founding members. These IBM cards at one time could be read at a library that had an IBM card reader but no longer as that equipment is gone. The director will decode your car by hand for you if you are a member and can prove ownership. The club maintains a database but no one is allowed access to the actual VIN numbers and Build data to prevent fraud. Over the course of time he did run some of the years like 63 since they only made 400 cars it was somewhat easy and since it was pre computer the records are paper printouts. But later years like 64 when the factory built more letter cars it was not done on the entire run of cards. We have a club member that works in Chrysler currently and has been able to get into the archives to do some research, the archives are not open to the public. One of his projects was to decode the selling dealer numbers, that way a club member could find out who the selling dealer was of his car after the IBM card was decoded. In my case one of my cars was sold (or transferred) to the Chrysler motor pool for press work and may have been the car used in the brochures. Because of this information we know that in 1965 the company built 108 Letter cars with manual transmissions out of the 2405 produced. Of the 108 manual transmission cars we know that only 12 convertibles were built with gear boxes. All letter cars were built at Jefferson Ave. and none at any of the other assembly plants operating in the company at that time. We do not know of how many non letter cars were built with manual transmissions as we do not have access to those build cards, I suspect that those IBM build cards are long gone. The data may still reside in the archives somewhere but we have not placed any effort in locating that information.

Hello, did this 300l ever sell? To clarify, white, 4 speed convertible, US Air Force veteran owned.

Last edited:
Back