NOT MINE 1965 CHRYSLER 300L CONVERTIBLE , 4 SPEED

Shazbot

Reaction score
Out of my league.....

1965 CHRYSLER 300L CONVERTIBLE, ONE OF TWELVE 4 SPEED CONVERTIBLES MADE AND AN EXCELLENT CAR!

This all black 1965 Chrysler 300L convertible is one on only 440 convertibles made and one of only twelve 4 speed stick shift convertibles made.
And it might be (probably is) the nicest of the survivors.

It has spend many years being restored from a very good car to an excellent car!
Beautiful and expensive black paint job, totally rebuilt 413 engine (receipt for $14.000 for the engine rebuild), rebuilt transmission, triple plated show chrome, professionally polished stainless, new 17" Mopar aluminum wheels with new redline tires, new dual exhaust, NOS tail light lenses and also NOS light up 300L emblem in the grille and on and on.

The original black leather interior is almost mint but a new 100% correct Legendary interior was bought and will be installed and a new black top also.

PLEASE NOTE, the car is around 90% done right now but I am selling it as a finished car, it should be finished in March or April.

Of the twelve 4 speed 300L convertibles made there is probably not more than 3-5 left and I doubt there is one that is nicer than this convertible.
It is an investment grade vehicle, it can't do anything but go up in value!
It belongs in a quality collection or a museum.
ONE OF ONLY TWELVE 1965 CHRYSLER 300L CONVERTIBLE , 4 SPEED - cars &...

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Last edited:
"It should be done in March or April". How about placing the for sale ad then? Who in their right mind would plunk down 70 large for an unfinished 60 year old Chrysler? That "should be done in March or April", maybe May or June... Come on!

He is here in Phoenix and I'm sure he posted the ad now while all the Barrett-Jackson crowd is in town. Tha number of Classic car ads in Phoenix quadruple when all that money is here. A big part of his business is exporting cars and parts to Sweden.

Friend of mine has seen this car, says it looks better in person than in the pics. The previous owner had a stupid amount of money invested in the resto of this car.

Apparently the owner is out of money.

How do I know?

Simple: 7 pictures of the car including the motor sitting on a street corner looking for a ride.

Wow not enough time to take a few more pictures after all that work...camera too heavy?

Would you buy a house based on 7 pictures and one of them showed a couch in the driveway?

"totally rebuilt 413 engine (receipt for $14.000 for the engine rebuild),"

14k? Damn... must have gold plated pistons...

413 pistons are, for whatever reason, stupidly expensive as opposed to 383 or 440 slugs. Can't see $14K in a normal Chrysler RB build, in any case.

He previously had the car advertised at $70k.

Back