For Sale 1965 Dodge Custom 880 Wagon Factory 4sp - $15000

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbm3fan

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
He prices it like a #1 car saying it needs very little now besides paint. I think a lot of interior and a total suspension rebuild to start.
1965 Dodge Custom 880 Wagon Factory 4sp
383 2bbl 270hp, Factory 4sp on the floor 78K. Burgundy/Red with wood grain applique down the sides. Runs & drives great, 217 inches long, top of the line wagon for Dodge. Best wagon of any make for 65. 96 cubic feet of cargo area. Perfect beach car surf boards on top. Rare car only 4 made with this equipment. New heavy duty self adjusting brakes, rebuilt carb, new clutch & pressure plate, It has a factory 4sp transmission, shifts smooth no issues, rear electric window works. All rust on the car & dents have been fixed. Doesn't need much, prep and ready for paint. It needs some interior work. The car is in Vacaville Ca. I've done a lot toward the restoration of this car. 310-422-0004

00o0o_ixilxUR4vyC_600x450.jpg

00k0k_gqozJ2N0cYO_600x450.jpg

00u0u_bS2l8krIdjM_600x450.jpg

00606_5rzJRJahf9w_600x450.jpg

00n0n_70gpeckaera_600x450.jpg

00K0K_e5qMwn6OhnN_600x450.jpg

Seen that one more than once here.....
I think its for sale for 8 years that i know........

Saw this car in person at Spring Fling two years ago. Was ready to offer him $5000 for it until I heard he wanted $15000.

He is WAY too high on price, but he said he has done a lot towards the cars restoration not that you can tell.

Ha just found this and look at the price for those interested not sure if it is still

Yeah , but no 4-speed cars .
Sold my 63 mercury monterey colony park wagon , orig 4 on the floor for 12,5 K euro,s almost 15000,- dollars.
Same condition as the 4 spd Monaco wagon here.
mercury1.jpg

I love 4 speeds and long roofs and its a long roof with a big block and 3rd pedal and all but that's a lot for that car in that condition.

I'd be happier with a nice driver that had been converted to 4 speed and needed little to nothing for a similar price.

Martin,
Nice price...but there are real avid collectors of Colony Park Wagons and it is not surprising that you got that kind of price. GM/Ford collectors so outnumber Mopar collectors. I think the 60/61 NY Town and Country's and my 1960 Dodge Polara are some of the most beautiful wagons ever to grace the highway. But having been at a lot of shows from the GM/Ford perspective they are viewed with amusement and not thought to be on the level of their wagons...Colony Park collectors in particular. By the time Elwood Engel took over and brought the slab look to Chrysler it was honestly being implemented behind the curve. Rivera's reset the paradigm and by 65/66 look at the sculpted Pontiac and Chevy designs...it took Chrysler till 1969 to catch up. In 61 the slab side Lincoln's were ground breaking by 1965 slab side box design was already feeling old. By definition I think the 67 Monaco is a beautiful slab design but in styling design context is was outdated. Net unless you have a special place in your heart for these cars they are not considered in demand collectibles...like a 67 Pontiac Bonneville or even better a 67 Buick Custom Sport Wagon. All that said by not being in demand they are really hard to find and most were driven hard to death or met the demolition derby fate cause these mid 60s Mopar's were considered the very best!

Pontiac...
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-g9lq0LfQq...Ya06xFe40/s640/67+Bonneville+Safari+Wagon.jpg

Buick...
http://auctionsamerica.com/images/lots/FL09/FL09_r057_01.jpg

The asking price on that car is way too high. Anyone remember the white 66 Fury wagon from perhaps 5-8 years ago, 440/4-speed, that kinda took forever to sell on ebay? Got flipped a few times unsuccessfully also IIRC. I don't remember what it sold for but way less that 15k. That Fury was non-running, but IMHO the 440, even in a plain white car, trumps the 383-2 even in the Dodge's better colors and woodgrain. And the woodgrain may not be a selling feature/value adder for everyone.

This car has way too much rust in the rear also, its above the creases, not a simple lower-quarter patch job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back